website statistics

South American Games 2018

vinipereira

8 hours ago, LDOG said:

That's not true, we aren't sending the best in like half of the sports.

Sure?, in the most part of the sports, i see our best athletes but i dont have all the list, im not counting the team sports with youth teams.

22 horas atrás, LDOG disse:

By the way, in a very surprising turn of events, tyc sports will be showing the games live here :yikes:obviously they do it because they have nothing to show or talk about now that the football league ended last weekend and before the world cup starts... but it's something.

Nice. TYC has a very nice commentator in rhythmic gymnastics. I mean, she knows what she is talking about. All the commentators in Brazil basically say "this was a beautiful performance" after literally every single performance, and that's it. How are they even paid? Morons.

Edited by thiago_simoes

2 hours ago, thiago_simoes said:

Nice. TYC has a very nice commentator in rhythmic gymnastics. I mean, she knows what she is talking about. All the commentators in Brazil basically say "this was a beautiful performance" after literally every single performance, and that's it. How are they even paid? Morons.

Same way as a certain Aldo something for the biathlon/cross-country during the Winter Olympics I guess, which was absolutely awful as well :d (half of what he said was translated to me by my girlfriend who was insanely frustrated at having to hear his often poor and even factually incorrect commentary all the time :p )

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

14 horas atrás, heywoodu disse:

Same way as a certain Aldo something for the biathlon/cross-country during the Winter Olympics I guess, which was absolutely awful as well :d (half of what he said was translated to me by my girlfriend who was insanely frustrated at having to hear his often poor and even factually incorrect commentary all the time :p )

Thanks God I don't know who this guy is. Most commentators in Brazil have no idea what they are doing. Only Henrique Motta (artistic gymnastics), Lauter Nogueira (athletics), Silina Braga (diving) and Alex Pussieldi (swimming) really know what they are talking about. All the other ones, including 99% of football commentators, are a bunch of morons who should never, ever open their mouths on national TV.

Edited by thiago_simoes

1 hour ago, thiago_simoes said:

Thanks God I don't know who this guy is. Most commentators in Brazil have no idea what they are doing. Only Henrique Motta (artistic gymnastics), Lauter Nogueira (athletics), Silina Braga (diving) and Alex Pussieldi (swimming) really know what they are talking about. All the other ones, including 99% of football commentators, are a bunch of morons who should never, ever open their mouths on national TV.

Don't be so dramatic :p

There are good commentators in Football (some are REALLY bad like Ronaldo, though). And while I agree these commentators of your list are really good, they're not the only ones. For instance, you left out one of my very favourites, Marco Freitas (volleyball).

Well, in other news, I'm surprised with the women's artistic gymnastics team. Brazil will send the best of the best we have right now, considering Rebeca Andrade and Fabiane Valentim are recovering from injury. This team will easily finish first and has the potential to finish 1-2 in every apparatus, and also in the all-around competition. I expected a much weaker team, but they are going for it. 

The official website of the games showed the list of all the athletes registered on 05/17, with the exception of Colombia and Venezuela. For some reason they deleted the list at the end of the day. I managed to extract some names but unfortunately not all of them.

Brazil inscribed an athlete in equestrian: Sérgio Henrique Neves Marins (jumping).