website statistics

Winter Olympic Games 2018 Scandals and Controversies

8 minutes ago, Maxim Fastovsky said:

why does Biathlon, Sledding sports need to be in primetime in korea? i understand speed skating and short track, they have medal contenders, but biathlon and sledding ?? (ok besides the men's skeleton)

And men's bobsleigh. 

Well, biathlon makes perfect sense to have at the best possible time for Europe. So does luge. Actually only women's bobsleigh could have been earlier on the day. 

Edited by heywoodu

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

1 minute ago, Maxim Fastovsky said:

They have a medal chance in bobsleigh? i watched competitions and didnt see them being on top

Because they were preparing at their home track (exactly, the Olympic one). That plus the fact they won the World Cup two years ago (not a World Cup, the World Cup, the standings) makes them a serious threat. 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

4 hours ago, Maxim Fastovsky said:

why does Biathlon, Sledding sports need to be in primetime in korea? i understand speed skating and short track, they have medal contenders, but biathlon and sledding ?? (ok besides the men's skeleton)

it was forced by German TV (and for Biathlon also many other)...

Sliding sports give Germany most of their medals...and Biathlon (other than the sports results, also very good for GER) has tv ratings second only to football (soccer, for the American-speaking guys)...

so, it's quite obvious that the European Tv networks wanted those disciplines in the most favourable time as possible (noon CET is a perfect lunch-break time in most Countries)...

vor einer Stunde schrieb phelps:

it was forced by German TV (and for Biathlon also many other)...

Sliding sports give Germany most of their medals...and Biathlon (other than the sports results, also very good for GER) has tv ratings second only to football (soccer, for the American-speaking guys)...

so, it's quite obvious that the European Tv networks wanted those disciplines in the most favourable time as possible (noon CET is a perfect lunch-break time in most Countries)...

I beg your pardon ... ? "Most of their medals"? We would probably have to win less than 20 medals for that being the case, i hope you're wrong.

Attachment is the great fabricator of illusions; reality can be obtained only by someone who is detached.

Tomorrow just might be the worst day with the schedule.

Cross-country, luge, speed skating, short track along with curling final all around the same time. I also foresee alpine combination being post-poned a bit to join the fun. There's also pretty much nothing on from around 8 to 11 cet time.

9 hours ago, OlympicsFan said:

I beg your pardon ... ? "Most of their medals"? We would probably have to win less than 20 medals for that being the case, i hope you're wrong.

you're right...I had to write sliding sports + biathlon = the most medals for GER...;)

in any case, the point was about those disciplines being scheduled around noon CET mainly because of the German Tv (and for Biathlon also NOR, FRA and many others) desires...:evil:

5 hours ago, Kirkpatrick said:

Tomorrow just might be the worst day with the schedule.

Cross-country, luge, speed skating, short track along with curling final all around the same time. I also foresee alpine combination being post-poned a bit to join the fun. There's also pretty much nothing on from around 8 to 11 cet time.

I agree...tomorrow's gonna be a nightmare...

and it's gonna be a problem also to watch all those events one at a time, avoiding the spoilers...