website statistics

Winter Olympic Games 2018 Scandals and Controversies

1 hour ago, heywoodu said:

The scheduling. Two hours with only one ice hockey group match, followed by two hours with 3 medal events going on. 

That is what happens when you get too greedy and sell your soul to US broadcasters to become rich without sweating.

I really hate that spectators from other parts of the world, and mostly the competitors themselves, have to endure this just so the IOC and NBC can get tons of money :stop:

1 minute ago, mrv86 said:

That is what happens when you get too greedy and sell your soul to US broadcasters to become rich without sweating.

I really hate that spectators from other parts of the world, and mostly the competitors themselves, have to endure this just so the IOC and NBC can get tons of money :stop:

To be honest it's the European broadcasters that made a bigger mess...

#banbestmen

Just now, dcro said:

To be honest it's the European broadcasters that made a bigger mess...

Well, then I'll add Euro broadcasters to my black list :d

But for sure, this schedule is ridiculous; I understand that many finals overlap in the Summer Games because there's 3 times the number of events, but in the Winter ones they should put more attention.

2 hours ago, phelps said:

scheduling...scheduling...scheduling...:evil::facepalm::wall:

the worst ever...and by far...

p.s. here in Italy also the broadcasting question is a real scandal...but I think that this would have some more to be written in the next future...

Scandal? If RAI decided to doesn't pay a single euro... the only sad question is that no anyone say it before the Games... The real scandal in Italy (RAI) is that the biathlon was commented by Luca Di Bella and the luge by Pescante :lol: 

21 minutes ago, hckosice said:

Our lugers said to our TV that only after todays second run the organizers announced to the participants that they changed for some reason the format and only the top 20 after tomorrows Run 3 will qualify for the last 4th run.

normally is the top 25 only making the 4th run at the Olympics...

but also the top 20 is OK to me...it doesn't change that much...

32 minutes ago, Gianlu33 said:

Scandal? If RAI decided to doesn't pay a single euro... the only sad question is that no anyone say it before the Games... The real scandal in Italy (RAI) is that the biathlon was commented by Luca Di Bella and the luge by Pescante :lol: 

I was referring to the Sky vs Eurosport controversy...:evil:;)

rai doesn't even exist for me...I'd rather watch Swiss, French, German, British, Czech and Slovak TV (and any other I can find on the Clarke belt)...:whistle:

and I also use the Eurosport Player, if I can't find a TV network showing what I want to watch...