website statistics

Totallympics Annual International Song Contest 2018

NationalSelection.png

The time has come! After the Winter Olympic frenzy, now the Totallympics' users can select the songs that will compete for the title at the upcoming Annual International Song Contest in Brazil. Not only for the nations registered so far, but also for other Totallympics' users (National Jury registration remains open), it's time to know the songs that will take part in the 10th overall edition of our music contests. We hope you will join us in Brazil 2018!

Ok so I'll just be the first and put the Portuguese song. To be honest I wasn't thinking about participating this time because I now live in the netherlands and therefore I have no idea about what music was launched in Portugal this past year.

However, two weeks ago while I went to Portugal to visit my family I heard a very nice song on the radio, a collaboration between a Portuguese and Brazilian singers, and found out that the song was from last year (at least i hope so :-) ). After the song that I have shown you last year, with a mix of portuguese and african culture, I thought this would be the perfect entry, especially for this year, a mix between two countries that make some jokes about each other, but that in the end are really brothers and support each other. :POR :BRA

:POR:POR:POR DIOGO PIÇARRA + ANAVITORIA :POR:POR:POR

Edited by kungshamra71

for fun WITHOUT MUSIC

THE karaoke version

:ALG and the song  :ALG

Iddir salem/ Nabila Dali      Anelhu = We'll walk

whatever the language you talk you study you work with english chinese ..etc ..make your future your way....etc

Anyways, I thought it'd be an interesting share:

Former TISC winners Leon Somov & Jazzu decided to part ways after 12 years together in music. We toured with them at the "Game Over" tour, this is a picture from the final concert two days ago in Kaunas.

28514412_10160086553250613_5733197163358656189_o.thumb.jpg.fa220e29c00552562af87bd9deab9de2.jpg

:NZL New Zealand :NZL

New Zealand Jury have decided, in 2018, to fill your ears with some good women vocals coming from the Land of the Long White Cloud after two years where male singers represented the country, with another jewel from the Flying Nun Records!

f005d33e0b145ff1b3e151286031eef4.jpg

"It’s a strange feeling: that bizarre in-between space of peace and melancholy. Like a beautiful summer’s day designed for soaking up every ray of light that floods the outside world, but you find yourself hiding in the shade of your darkened bedroom.

New Zealand band Fazerdaze’s newest daydreaming single ‘Lucky Girl’ invokes the presence of said conflicted feeling and surrounds it’s wistfully doldrum undertones with bursts of hazy leaks of light. ‘Lucky Girl’ offers a glistening and enticing share of psychedelic-pop charm. Captivating from the jump with the soft, swooning guitars that open the track with a compellingly swift-yet-smooth sense of urgency, Fazerdaze delivers a decidedly sepia-toned sound, sharpened by her sonorous and cloud-like vocals that float through the warm layers of lo-fi noise.

Taken from her forthcoming LP Morningside, ‘Lucky Girl’ paints a perfect picture of Fazerdaze’s ability to convey an ebullient glee and a creeping sadness at once, ensnaring the perplexing contradiction of emotions that comprises our human existence. Ultimately, this is a beautifully uplifting summertime reverie, brimming with a radiant affection that is so easy to get lost in."

Fazerdaze - Lucky Girl

Lyrics

Spoiler

Are the walls getting closer
As I'm getting closer to you?
And are we falling faster
Now we have further to fall?

I know sometimes I act like I don't care
... about you

I know I'm a lucky girl
I'm a lucky lucky girl
I'm a lucky girl
I'm a lucky lucky girl
I'm a lucky girl
I'm a lucky lucky girl
Girl
Girl
Girl
Girl
Girl
Girl
Girl

And the thought of you leaving
Gets heavier every day
And my mind is deceiving
What is it that I'm believing?

I know sometimes I act like I don't care
... about you

I know I'm a lucky girl
I'm a lucky lucky girl
I'm a lucky girl
I'm a lucky lucky girl
I'm a lucky girl
I'm a lucky lucky girl
Girl
Girl
Girl
Girl
Girl
Girl
Girl

I know I'm a lucky girl
I'm a lucky lucky girl
I'm a lucky girl
I'm a lucky lucky girl
I'm a lucky girl
I'm a lucky lucky girl
Girl
Girl
Girl
Girl
Girl
Girl
Girl

"Morningside is what happens when a bedroom pop record gets too big for just a single room, but all the while never loses its intimacy. Whatever the destination, it’s unlikely Murrary is concerned. She sounds concentrated on the one thing every great Flying Nun band aims for: making effortless pop songs that are far less effortless than people think."

https://thespinoff.co.nz/music/22-04-2017/who-is-fazerdaze-a-year-with-nzs-next-indie-darling/

Are you a lucky girl?

Edited by Wanderer