website statistics

Totallympics Annual International Song Contest 2018

My personal votes and little comments about each song:

12 points – Russia: the singer has an amazing and powerful voice, and the end of the song is so epic and powerful, it gives me goosebumps everytime I listen to it. 

11 points – USA: at first I wasn't charmed by Carrie Underwood's voice, and I hated the part with Ludacris (still hate it), but then after another listen I started loving it. I love this kind of empowering songs, they give so much energy. The rhythm is amazing. So even though I hate Ludacris' part, which is useless in my opinion and doesn't fit the rest of the song, I gave it 11 points.

10 points – Lithuania: I remember listening to the song when it was a contestant to represent Lithuania at the ESC, and the first time I heard it I found it kinda boring. But when it entered the TAISC I saw it in a different light. I like the singer's voice, it's sweet, and the way the song starts with a piano and then has a more modern touch is nice.

9 points - Brazil: the first time I listened to this song (and watched the video clip), I shed tears. There is a part near the end with traditional Irish music and those images of Ireland that made me feel so nostalgic of my time there that it made me want to cry... I remember that when I saw Brazil's choice I thought they were gonna win or at least be in the top 5. This song was higher in my list at the beginning but then, since I started liking some songs more and more after each listen, it lost a few points in my heart.

8 points – Finland: another song that I didn't like that much after the first listen :lol: The strong part of this song is the chorus and that music part that makes me want to fight someone and it gives me so much energy all of a sudden, do you know what I mean? I don't know how to explain this :lol: 

7 points - Argentina: as I already said, this song is very catchy. I didn't really want to like it at first because this is not the kind I originally like, but there are always exceptions. I still listen to it.

6 points - Norway: at first I wasn't sure I was gonna give this song points because it was a time when I heard the song ALL THE TIME on the radio at work so I started to hate it even though a few weeks before I often listened to it on Spotify. But then I listened to it with my headphones on and it changed my opinion on the song once again. I started enjoying the music again and everything.

5 points - Sweden: this was the first song from this contest that I started listening to on a loop, even though it was never my favorite. But then I already started to get tired of it, and also in France they started to play it on the radio with a male singer singing a part in French (let me say that it's VERY BAD, do no listen to it)

4 points – Netherlands: I thought I had already heard this song before, or maybe it's just because we had already listened to Kensington's songs before in the contest :d Anyway, this is the kind of song I like so of course I was going to give points to "les Pays-Bas", even though it lacked something for me to get more points.

3 points - Italy: wait, I only gave 3 points to Italy? :lol: I thought it was more than that, but anyway. I think I know why. This is another of the songs that after my first listen I thought it was gonna be one of the favorites because of the lyrics and the style of the song. It's nice and catchy and has meaning. However after a few listens it started to have less and less effect on me so that must be why I only gave it 3 points in the end even though it was higher in my list at the beginning.

2 points - Bulgaria: another one that I shouldn't have liked, given my tastes. But after my first listen I liked it, I like the singer's voice and the song is catchy. Nice choice :) 

1 point - Croatia: I can't say why but I don't really like the guitar in the first 3 seconds :lol: The strength of this song for me is the chorus, I didn't enjoy the verses as much, but the chorus is really nice.

My 2 reserves were Great Britain (a sweet song with nice lyrics but a little bit too simple) and Portugal (I wanted to give points to this one at the beginning, after my first listen I liked it a lot, I found the song calming and liked the music but, I don't know... the next listens, nothing happened when I listened to it :/)

10 minuti fa, Finnator123 ha scritto:

I'll tag you, @Henry_Leon . What is Italy's song about? I guess it has something to do with selfies & something? :mumble:

YES right :yes   I quote explanations provided by @leli. (our former jury member)  at the question of Wanderer in previous post (March 8th)

Riportato

Is this song considered as some sort of satire on the presence of social media and selfies, which preoccupies modern generations who should be making real friendship, going outside to spent time with friends and actually talking?

Riportato

Yes, exactly. The fact that we are more likely to talk to others through social media than in person, as it was common until some years ago (even if it seems ages have passed since those days).

7 minutes ago, Gianlu33 said:

I'm not henry but i can help you, maybe. For me it's a veiled critical of the actual situation and at the dependence that technology. In the text there are continuous references to reality like moon or the stars , even tragic (twin towers), and the isolation of the individual. I really like when the singer say Mi manchi in carne ed ossa (I miss you in the flesh), it's really amazing in this context

Oh this was my favorite part of the song, but since I didn't know what it meant, it was just because of how it sounded and the way they sing it :) 

Yup, closing ceremony and then post-TISC depression :d , until Prediction Contests season resumes with Ice Hocke world champs, Roland Garros with cream at the end - FIFA World Cup. A lot of sports events in the upcoming months. Until September/October :cheers: @dezbee2008 aren't you organizing the TISC Open next?  :mumble:

Just now, Wanderer said:

Yup, closing ceremony and then post-TISC depression :d , until Prediction Contests season resumes with Ice Hocke world champs, Roland Garros with cream at the end - FIFA World Cup. A lot of sports events in the upcoming months. Until September/October :cheers: @dezbee2008 aren't you organizing the TISC Open next?  :mumble:

Yep, though I'll have to organize it so that those hurricanes don't interrupt my flow here

I can't believe we managed to finish in top 10 after the disastrous first... 6 hours? :lol: All those 10 and 11 points all of a sudden were just amazing and surprising! And to think I complained about our choice! (even though I still thought it was the right choice) I have bad memory so I don't remember when was the last time we finished in top 10 but I feel like it was a long time ago?

Anyway thank you so much to the people who voted for our song! :) (I'm curious though, what did you like about it?)

Awesome getting silver in my first contest  , I had never tought that. Thanks to everybody who voted for the song ! 

Again congratulations Italy :ITA and congratulations to USA with bronze :USA 

Thanks to @vinipereira for a great contest this was really fun ! And thanks to @konig for convincing me to join the contest. 

And  finally thanks to everyone for great songs and a wonderful contest.:clap: