website statistics

Totallympics Annual International Song Contest 2018

5 ore fa, heywoodu ha scritto:

Honestly, he apparently wants to vote...I'd say if he answers (with votes) within 24 hours it could be counted. Just my opinion of course, but let's face it: Turkey is the only country missing so it won't lead to other countries wanting the same thing, and in the end, isn't TISC mostly about having a good time instead of strict rules?

I agree with heywoodu but I think the committee should decide because if Turkey is in again they have more work to do starting from the voting order.

1 minute ago, Pablita said:

I agree with heywoodu but I think the committee should decide because if Turkey is in again they have more work to do starting from the voting order.

Right. @Agger, what do you think? :evil:

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

13 hours ago, rybak said:

I would give him chance, because he come back and posted something only for contest fourth time :d

From an external point of view: that's exactly the reason why we should have avoid situations like that. Once again, I promise I could find and bring here to post a song even a person from Papua New Guinea if I just spend some time on social networks searching for that, but would that be good or bad the contest?

The question should not be whether to allow a user who voted late to take part, but whether to allow a user who does not even know who is the organizer of the contest to take part.

I agree with Sindo. If he contacted vinipereira, then okay... but he/she doesn't even know who is hosting, with almost not-existing activity on the forum, I think we should follow the rules. No votes and any words with the organizers before the deadline - no participation. 

4 minutes ago, Wanderer said:

I agree with Sindo. If he contacted vinipereira, then okay... but he/she doesn't even know who is hosting, with almost not-existing activity on the forum, I think we should follow the rules. No votes and any words with the organizers before the deadline - no participation. 

I see a buttload of users who I only ever see in TISC or prediction contests or maybe their own national thread. No reason to not allow them to participate. Is following the rules really that much more important than having an extra song to vote for in a music contest that's just for fun? 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

For me it's reasonable for a new user to think that organizer (or rather, the person who receives the votes) is always the same...

Besides, such decision is also not favorable for users that liked the Turkish entry and awarded it points.

#banbestmen

Just now, DaniSRB said:

I think only participants should vote on this issue

i don't take part in prediction contest so i would not mix in decisions about it :d

Wise words :hatoff:

Although, of course, the first decision should be with the organizers/hosts, since they would have to change stuff. 

45 minutes ago, heywoodu said:

I see a buttload of users who I only ever see in TISC or prediction contests or maybe their own national thread. No reason to not allow them to participate. Is following the rules really that much more important than having an extra song to vote for in a music contest that's just for fun? 

The fact it just for fun it does not mean rules should not be followed, otherwise what is post #3 there for ?

And I have nothing against users who appears in the forum just on TISC (which are very few anyway and surely not a "buttload"), but if they are here just for the TISC it should mean they are really into it. Would you call a user who came here once, posted the song, never came back, came back after the deadline and contacted the wrong user for the votes as a passionate TISC fan?

I have nothing against the Turkish member, I am just talking in general. And of course it is not me who decide, but maybe someone is interested to have an external point of view.