website statistics

Totallympics Annual International Song Contest 2018

1 minute ago, OlympicIRL said:

Séamus said he enjoyed your company and also said to me "that Slovak guy is not a bad chap". You must have bought him a drink or something :d

He slipped a four-leaved clover inside your backpack for a safe journey home ;)

That´s really kind from him :hug:

4 minutes ago, dezbee2008 said:

Yeah, the heat can get unbearable at times... even if you've been here a long time like me (26/29 years)

Oh, and it rains a lot too, especially in the afternoons, so I would bring an umbrella just in case

Yep, I'm dead :d

I know you use Fahrenheit over there so the reference might not mean anything to you, but I really struggle when the temperature rises above 20ºC :red:

And thanks for the rain warning, though I have already been pre-warned. And I think I can handle rain, I can do rain :d

14 minutes ago, Nathy said:

EDIT PS: Great Britain's song hit directly into my soul, hence my 12pts.

Same here, and also gave me hope. I suppose we should thank @uk12points for such an amazing choice that had a beautiful meaning for some people - and that's a prize by itself :yes

2 minutes ago, vinipereira said:

Same here, and also gave me hope. I suppose we should thank @uk12points for such an amazing choice that had a beautiful meaning for some people - and that's a prize by itself :yes

Absolutely! This song is now a permanent resident into my Apple Music:yes Thank you @uk12points!

Hopp Suisse! Forza Italia! Go Canada Go!

That's all I have for TISC this edition, although in the very near future you might be receiving a diploma or two in your inbox :evil:

Thank you all and now I will rest for some days - thank lord it's a holiday in Brazil til Tuesday! :woot:

24 minutes ago, Nathy said:

Last but not least, a HUGE. No, IMMENSE thank you from the bottom of my heart to Croatia:CRO ( @dcro ) & Netherlands :NED ( @heywoodu ) for awarding 12 POINTS to Switzerland :wub:

Your entry took me right home, from which I've been mostly away in the past few years.

That part "And I even miss your rain..." couldn't be more ironic since my hometown has more yearly rain than London. :lol:

#banbestmen

1 minute ago, dcro said:

Your entry took me right home, from which I've been mostly away in the past few years.

That part "And I even miss your rain..." couldn't be more ironic since my hometown has more yearly rain than London. :lol:

:lol:

I'm happy to know that this song really spoke to someone else. When I was in my early 20s, I was so convinced that I would make my life elsewhere than Switzerland. I had that will to leave and go live elsewhere. I thought that elsewhere might be Australia as I went there on a working-holiday visa and thought I might not come back to Switzerland for a long time, if ever. Well, life has a funny way of teaching you to know better haha. After 2 months in Australia (different places), I felt homesick and came back to where is definitely "home" :)

When I heard this song it brought me back to those years and this is also why I decided to present it for the contest.

Hopp Suisse! Forza Italia! Go Canada Go!

22 minutes ago, OlympicIRL said:

Yep, I'm dead :d

I know you use Fahrenheit over there so the reference might not mean anything to you, but I really struggle when the temperature rises above 20ºC :red:

And thanks for the rain warning, though I have already been pre-warned. And I think I can handle rain, I can do rain :d

I'm kinda well-versed in Celsius... emphasis on "kinda". :lol: 

I know you can handle rain, but can you also handle thunder? I'm living in the lightning capital of the US, you know. And hurricanes, though they don't come by often, but we're still recovering from Irma (though when you get here it may look like we have)

Edited by dezbee2008

2 minutes ago, dezbee2008 said:

I'm kinda well-versed in Celsius... emphasis on "kinda". :lol: 

I know you can handle rain, but can you also handle thunder? I'm living in the lightning capital of the US, you know. And hurricanes, though they don't come by often, but we're still recovering from Irma (though when you get here it may look like we have)

Yes, thankfully I should (I hope so :d) will avoid the hurricane season as I am coming in early June. As for the thunder storms, I just hope I will find somewhere nice to hide for an hour or two :d