website statistics

Totallympics Annual International Song Contest 2018

PN.png

Now is finally time for the home delegation Brazil, the first ever nation from South America to host one edition of the  Totallympics International Song Contest! As music choice, the beautiful regional song A Vida do Viajante, by Luiz Gonzaga - also a theme at the Rio Olympics.

My life is to wander

across this country

to see if one day

I can rest happy

Keeping the memories

of lands I have traversed

travelling through the interior

and of friends I left behind.

Brazil.gif

Brasil.png

OA.png

In celebration of the 10 editions of Totallympics International Song Contests, for the first time ever we will have a Contest Oath - to be taken by a competing artist, by a jury member, and by a member of the host organizing committee. For the Brazil 2018 contest, the members selected were:

OA1.png

NABILA DALI

"In the name of all competitors, I promise that we shall take part in this Contest, respecting and abiding by the rules that govern TISC - committing ourselves to a competition that values respect and the true spirit of sportsmanship, for the glory of music and the honor of our nations!"

OA2.png

@rybak

"In the name of all the jury members, I promise that we shall adjudicate in our deliberations at this Contest with complete impartiality, respecting and abiding by the rules which govern TISC in the true spirit of sportsmanship!"

OA3.png

@titicow

"In the name of all the organizers, I promise that we shall organize this Contest, respecting and abiding by the rules that govern TISC - committing ourselves to overseeing a competition that values respect and promotes the true spirit of sportsmanship, for the glory of music and the honor of our nations!"

TT.png

In January, the TISC world mourned the passing of Dolores O'Riordan, the Irish musician, singer and songwriter that led the rock band The Cranberries from 1990s. O'Riordan, who was born in 1971, auditioned and won the role of lead singer of the alternative rock, band, which rose to international fame in the 1990s with their debut album, Everybody Else Is Doing It, So Why Can't We?

The Cranberries have sold over 40 million records worldwide and the band achieved four top 20 albums on the Billboard 200 chart. Of their most famous records, "Zombie", a protest song released in 1994, won the the title at Totallympics Open International Song Contest back in 2014, with an impressive mark of 333 points (no song has ever come within 100 points of that).

Now, we remember that hit written by O'Riordan, but also pay tribute to her incredible carreer. Singer Josh Groban will be joined by other artists from this year's contest for a beautiful rendition of the classic song You'll Never Walk Alone.

Dolores.gif

RIP Dolores O'Riordan (1971 - 2018)

SA.png

As the first ever Totallympics Contest held in South America, nothing more natural that having a segment paying homage to our friends of Argentina, Colombia and Venezuela present at this year's contest (and Chile, Guyana and Uruguay, which all participated in the past), but also the people from Bolivia, Ecuador, Paraguay, Peru and Suriname.

For this south american portion, we invited Uruguayan singer and songwriter Jorge Drexler to perform the beautiful song Al Otro Lado del Río from the movie The Motorcycle Diaries, for which he won the Oscar back in 2005.