website statistics

Totallympics Annual International Song Contest 2018

So here are my thoughts on the situation....

Whether @bestmen was true in saying he was voting at random or whether he was just making a mess, his behaviour in these contests in recent years has been very poor, there is no dressing that up in a more diplomatic way. And I admit I enjoy a lot of the humour he generates and I do believe that he truly does have a love for the contest (in fact I don't doubt that for a second), however, we cannot see a repeat of the disrespect he has been showing to hosts and other participants in recent editions.

@bestmen I do think it would be sad to have TISC without you in it, but not for your negative comments, because of the other things you bring. It is amusing when you are being bitter about votes and your gifs are certainly a TISC tradition. On the other hand it is not one bit amusing when you are attacking the hosts and accusing people of cheating.

So I take your registration as a commitment that you will behave in the correct spirit this time and abide by the rules, they are there for a reason and to make sure that such awkward and unnecessary situations such as we see now are avoided. To say you were just voting at random was really low, to attack hosts putting in time and effort to organise is low, to accuse people of cheating and influencing the votes of others is low. These things go without saying.

Now can we please get back to what we do best, having a blast and talking about tangerines? I am eating one now (no lie :d).

14 minutes ago, OlympicIRL said:

So here are my thoughts on the situation....

Whether @bestmen was true in saying he was voting at random or whether he was just making a mess, his behaviour in these contests in recent years has been very poor, there is no dressing that up in a more diplomatic way. And I admit I enjoy a lot of the humour he generates and I do believe that he truly does have a love for the contest (in fact I don't doubt that for a second), however, we cannot see a repeat of the disrespect he has been showing to hosts and other participants in recent editions.

@bestmen I do think it would be sad to have TISC without you in it, but not for your negative comments, because of the other things you bring. It is amusing when you are being bitter about votes and your gifs are certainly a TISC tradition. On the other hand it is not one bit amusing when you are attacking the hosts and accusing people of cheating.

So I take your registration as a commitment that you will behave in the correct spirit this time and abide by the rules, they are there for a reason and to make sure that such awkward and unnecessary situations such as we see now are avoided. To say you were just voting at random was really low, to attack hosts putting in time and effort to organise is low, to accuse people of cheating and influencing the votes of others is low. These things go without saying.

Now can we please get back to what we do best, having a blast and talking about tangerines? I am eating one now (no lie :d).

hear, hear!

When people are never held accountable for their actions and they never have to face consequences for their actions, they never learn from their mistakes.

Warnings would have been okay a long time ago, two years of constant improper behaviour does not simply change over a day.

The offender has not shown any remorse, nor has he ever tried to apologise for his misconduct. I would definitely look at this situation differently if his participation message would have started with an open apology, addressing that his behaviour in the contest last year (and years before that) was not appropriate and that he is owning up to the words that he said and striving for change.

In all honesty, I don't think that he would even reply to @OlympicIRL statement, unless of course he feels pressured to do so after reading my message in order to yet again be on your good side.

My suggestion is not a full time ban, but excluding him from 1 contest might help him learn a lesson or two, because right now I see a kid whose throwing his legos and toys all over the ground, you keep stepping on them, but are still thinking "oh, what a cute kid". I'd suggest excluding him from the voting process for a single contest, but that would mean an advantage for Algeria and it wouldn't be good either.

We had a situation with a German user that admitted he didn't care about the contest and voted randomly, yet Germany that year was in the end disqualified from the affair, so why is this case special?

Edit: In case I was not clear enough, I'm not just addressing OlympicIRL, I'm addressing the forum.

Edited by Werloc

7 hours ago, dcro said:

I took @Werloc's comments very seriously, so there's been indeed some discussion about Algeria's registration in the contest. Not only I talked with @OlympicIRL and @Sindo about this, but also with @bestmen himself. That's why I didn't include Algeria's name in the list of registered nations before (although we have added for now). First of all, there's a portion of our of the Totallympics Song Contests Official Rulebook that talks specifically about the conduct of participarts, including:

6. (e) Participating users must be respectful when posting and discussing with other members on the Totallympics International Song Contest Thread.

Anyone is allowed to your own opinions, of course, but no one should disrespect other members/nations when discussing things in this thread (or any thread, for that matter). We recognize that our conduct towards some users in the past may have been "light", but let me assure one thing: we won't have any tolerance for such comments here and, if this happen, not only they will be deleted, but also may be used as base for further suspensions. We really hope things will run smoothly in this edition, after all the Totallympics Song Contest is supposed to be fun and, in a way, bring together our users.

Also, as the "president" of the organizing committee, you guys can contact me via PM for any questions regarding our contest.