website statistics

American Football Discussion Thread

Maxim Fastovsky

• 2 weeks later...

14 games in and the Cleveland Browns still have a (small) play-off chance, madness :d 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

Chicago Bears is back in the play-off for the first time since 2010. :cheer: 

Chicago won their first NFC North Division title in 8 years by beating Green Bay Packers, 24-17, at home. :champion:

Edited by wumo26

• 1 month later...

It is finally the night...

Spoiler

Where I'm going to sleep while every other person I know will see the Super Bowl, and where I have to avoid reading any news and try not to hear about the result from anyone at university. I hope I can come through the day without any spoilers before I get home to watch the game myself. 

Edited by wumo26

46 minutes ago, wumo26 said:

Hide contents

Where I'm going to sleep while every other person I know will see the Super Bowl, and where I have to avoid reading any news and try not to hear about the result from anyone at university. I hope I can come through the day without any spoilers before I get home to watch the game myself. 

How on earth did you only meet people who will watch the Super Bowl, and even more so, watch it live? :p 

I think maybe 2% of the people I know even watch it, but not live :p 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

5 minutes ago, heywoodu said:

How on earth did you only meet people who will watch the Super Bowl, and even more so, watch it live? :p 

I think maybe 2% of the people I know even watch it, but not live :p 

Okay not all, but I will say 50% watch it and 33% watch it live, which is still many. Apparently NFL is a big thing for many, especially, young people in Denmark. I don't know why so many political science students watch NFL? Maybe it's because NFL is so political? :p

1 hour ago, wumo26 said:

Hide contents

I will edit this post with the winner, don’t look at it :p

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

@Olympian1010 Who are you going to support tonight? I assume you will support the Rams, but you did mention Lions earlier this season, so are you going East? (Please say you are part of the majority who hates the Patriots :pope:. )  

Edited by wumo26

16 minutes ago, wumo26 said:

@Olympian1010 Who are you going to support tonight? I assume you will support the Rams, but you did mention Lions earlier this season, so are you going East? (Please say you are part of the majority who hates the Patriots :pope:. )  

I’ve always had a special place in my heart for the patriots, but now that their Trump’s team I don’t want them to win. I don’t like the Rams either. I would’ve preferred the Saints. I will probably watch the game, just to see the funny commercials and write an article on those for my journalism class.

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela