website statistics

American Football Discussion Thread

Maxim Fastovsky

1 hour ago, phelps said:

naaa...Packers are just one dirty "roughin' the passer" away from the nightmare getting true...:whistle:

We saw that last year, this team is uber shit without Rodgers. Mike McMcarthy is like a band of blind squirells drowning in acorns. From Favre to Rodgers? Sheesh... he coudn't do anything without #12 while Bellichick coaxed 11 wins off Matt fuckin Cassel and allowed Jimmy G to sign multi-millions dollar deal based on 6 quarters of work. That's coaching!

Btw, the Matthews calls was BS but even more so the one in the Dallas/Seatte game on the Prescott hit. The league is getting awfully soft so they can help the QBs any which way they can. OL is getting downgraded every season while more and more pass rushers make instant impact. I'm surprised they haven't outawed the sacks yet! This is getting insane, I hate Matthews' arrogance but he got screwed big time. Scoop & pull? That's total garbage, the more the OL sucks, the more QB will be in trouble no matter how the league wants to cuddle them. Besides, as the Garoppolo injury shows, the season-wrecking injury can happen - and usually does - on a non-contact play anyway. The Barr/Rodgers stuff last season was a one-off but the league completely freaked out over it.

Kicker from Indianapolis Colts, Adam Vinatieri, sets a new NFL all-time field goal record. He has now made 566 field goal. :bowdown:

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000967889/article/adam-vinatieri-sets-nfls-alltime-field-goal-record

As a Dane I'm a bit sad because Vinatieri thereby surpasses Morten Andersen's record of 565 field goals. :(

• 1 month later...

What a game last night in Los Angeles. :bowdown:

Two gladitors fought an epic battle of offense in the Memorial Coliseum. Both teams scored over 50 points, which is first time in NFL history this happens. L.A. Rams rammed the Chiefs in a legendary victory. They showed who is the chief of the two teams, and won the match 54-51. Jared "I-am-not-a-bust" Goff threw 4 touchdowns. Patrick "I-love-to-put-ketchup-on-everything" Mahomes threw an equally impressive 6 touchdowns.  The difference between the two quarterbacks was Mahomes' 3 interceptions, which costed in the end for K.C. Chiefs. 

Rams' tackle, Aaron "Beast" Donald, was extraordinary last night. His two forced fumbles and two sacks were huge contributes to Rams' victory. 

To end it all, this game was the third highest scoring game in NFL history with 105 points. (1. 113, 2. 106).

Edited by wumo26

hace 2 horas, wumo26 said:

What a game last night in Los Angeles. :bowdown:

Two gladitors fought an epic battle of offense in the Memorial Coliseum. Both teams scored over 50 points, which is first time in NFL history this happens. L.A. Rams rammed the Chiefs in a legendary victory. They showed who is the chief of the two teams, and won the match 54-51. Jared "I-am-not-a-bust" Goff threw 4 touchdowns. Patrick "I-love-to-put-ketchup-on-everything" Mahomes threw an equally impressive 6 touchdowns.  The difference between the two quarterbacks was Mahomes' 3 interceptions, which costed in the end for K.C. Chiefs. 

Rams' tackle, Aaron "Beast" Donald, was extraordinary last night. His two forced fumbles and two sacks were huge contributes to Rams' victory. 

To end it all, this game was the third highest scoring game in NFL history with 105 points. (1. 113, 2. 106).

Epic game. But for some reason I think neither will make the Super Bowl.

14 minutes ago, NMQ said:

Epic game. But for some reason I think neither will make the Super Bowl.

At the moment I think New Orleans Saints is the clear favourite in NFC. In AFC I have Kansas City Chiefs, New England Patriots and Pittsburgh Steelers. Chiefs is my favorite, if they can keep the first seed. Patriots have some injuries, but when they are back, Patriots look strong. You never know with Steelers, one week they score 50 points, the next they can't score in three quarters. :wacko: An honorable mention to L.A. Chargers. They have a great season so far, but it's Chargers we are talking about. They are the champions of losing a game in the last minutes. 

So my Super Bowl would be N.O. Saints vs K.C. Chiefs. Saints winning the SB with 11 points. The score, (a guess of course), 42-31 to Saints. 

49 minutes ago, wumo26 said:

Thanksgiving Football!:clap:  It's always going to be a great night when there are 3 live games on television from NFL. 

Nothing like watching my Lions lose and stuffing my face at the same time

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

Just now, wumo26 said:

I wouldn't mind seeing Lions lose today. :p

You can leave :stop: :thumbdown:

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela