website statistics

Winter Olympic Games 2018 Medal Count

Germany will probably tie Canada's record 14 gold medals tomorrow in bobsled (and if miracles do happen, they might break it in hockey).  Norway can also tie the record in cross-country.  

How about this, Germany: You let our sled sneak in for bronze in bobsled and we'll give you some tips on how to beat the Russians in hockey?  :d

Even at 29, it's our best total medals ever and best non-home gold medal count.  That is pretty incredible considering the debacle in curling, and to a lesser extent in hockey, too.  Got medals in 9 sports, and came so close to tying the record of 10 today with a 4th in cross-country.  Pretty well-rounded performance.  

By they way, Sebastian Toutant's gold in snowboard today was Canada's 500th Olympic medal (summer+winter) ever.  Pretty cool.  :cool::CAN

Edited by orangeman

PROVISIONAL STANDING AFTER DAY 15

Saturday 24.02.2018

Total Medal Events: 97

1. :NOR NOR 13 - 14 - 11

2. :GER GER    13 - 8 - 7

3. :CAN CAN   11 - 8 - 10

4. :USA USA      9 - 8 - 6

5. :NED NED      8 - 6 - 6

6. :SWE SWE     6 - 6 - 0

7. :KOR KOR     5 - 6 - 4

-. :SUI SUI       5 - 6 - 4

9. :FRA FRA      5 - 4 - 6

10. :AUT AUT    5 - 3 - 6

11. :JPN JPN     4 - 5 - 4

12. :ITA ITA      3 - 2 - 5

13. :CZE CZE     2 - 2 - 3

14. :BLR BLR    2 - 1 - 0

15. :WHT OAR    1 - 6 - 9

16. :CHN CHN    1 - 6 - 2

17. :SVK SVK    1 - 2 - 0

18. :FIN FIN      1 - 0 - 4

-. :GBR GBR       1 - 0 - 4

20. :POL POL    1 - 0 - 1

21. :HUN HUN    1 - 0 - 0

-. :UKR UKR       1 - 0 - 0

23. :AUS AUS     0 - 2 - 1

24. :SLO SLO     0 - 1 - 1

25. :BEL BEL      0 - 1 - 0

26. :ESP ESP     0 - 0 - 2

-. :NZL NZL        0 - 0 - 2

28. :KAZ KAZ    0 - 0 - 1

-. :LAT LAT        0 - 0 - 1

-. :LIE LIE         0 - 0 - 1

*The tables include also Bronze medals of Canada in Men´s Ice Hockey and Japan in Women´s Curling, however both events are still not finished

vor 1 Stunde schrieb orangeman:

Germany will probably tie Canada's record 14 gold medals tomorrow in bobsled (and if miracles do happen, they might break it in hockey).  Norway can also tie the record in cross-country.  

How about this, Germany: You let our sled sneak in for bronze in bobsled and we'll give you some tips on how to beat the Russians in hockey?  :d

Even at 29, it's our best total medals ever and best non-home gold medal count.  That is pretty incredible considering the debacle in curling, and to a lesser extent in hockey, too.  Got medals in 9 sports, and came so close to tying the record of 10 today with a 4th in cross-country.  Pretty well-rounded performance.  

By they way, Sebastian Toutant's gold in snowboard today was Canada's 500th Olympic medal (summer+winter) ever.  Pretty cool.  :cool::CAN

I would have no problem with Canada winning bronze in mens 4-man, but i doubt that it would mean Germany losing it. Walther is on the rise and i cant see him not overtaking the korean guy tomorrow. About the hockey tips: No thanks, this canadian team for sure doesnt know how to beat Russia, after the disgusting behavior of Canada in the semifinal Germany for sure doesnt want or need any help from them and most importantly as good as those tips might be, Germany will still lose 0:3 to 0:6.

Attachment is the great fabricator of illusions; reality can be obtained only by someone who is detached.

12 minutes ago, Joshi said:

Thank goodness little old NZ made the Winter Olympic table. Our two big freestyle skier and snowboarder being injured before the start, and a whole lot of 4ths had me worried we were going to be unlucky once again.

New Zealand was due, but I feel the best is yet to come. Both medalists are 16 (!) and there seems to be a lot of freestyle skiing and snowboarding talent coming out of New Zealand. I would be surprised if there wasn't at least one Kiwi medal in 2022.