website statistics

Short Track Speed Skating at the Winter Olympic Games 2018

Totallympics

2 minutes ago, thepharoah said:

Wait for 2022 , Chinese will revenge and Koreans will be the ones to disqualify 

Chinese are not notorious for cheating at home. at least not as much as Korea.

We know Korea a bit better since they compete in Asia, whenever they host a competition you know bad things will happen. 2002 and 2014 Asian Games were disastrous. I'm not talking about some few mistakes but blatant cheating. they even cheat in badminton, I still remember how they made Taufik Hidayat crying in the team final.

Just now, MHSN said:

We know Korea a bit better since they compete in Asia, whenever they host a competition you know bad things will happen. 2002 and 2014 Asian Games were disastrous. I'm not talking about some few mistakes but blatant cheating. they even cheat in badminton, I still remember how they made Taufik Hidayat crying in the team final.

judges didn't favor Chinese Athletes in Beijing ? Come'on . Gymnastics is a great example , Chinese achieved results where they hadn't and won't achieve . btw for me this's among the least OG , we have seen judges favoring home athletes , i'm following Olympics regularly from 2004 except Vancouver 2010 which i doubt that there was no favoring for Canadian athletes in , i've always seen the host nation as the one to be favored and i can tell u this's among the least favoring host nations at least to my humble opinion and maybe this's because Korea doesn't have elite athletes in such sports like snowboarding , freestyle skiing and figure skating 

Just now, thepharoah said:

judges didn't favor Chinese Athletes in Beijing ? Come'on . Gymnastics is a great example , Chinese achieved results where they hadn't and won't achieve . btw for me this's among the least OG , we have seen judges favoring home athletes , i'm following Olympics regularly from 2004 except Vancouver 2010 which i doubt that there was no favoring for Canadian athletes in , i've always seen the host nation as the one to be favored and i can tell u this's among the least favoring host nations at least to my humble opinion and maybe this's because Korea doesn't have elite athletes in such sports like snowboarding , freestyle skiing and figure skating 

judges always help the host nation, and China is no innocent. but I can't compare any country to South Korea. whenever they host a tournament in Asia, we know are in trouble.

btw my comment about Chinese skaters getting disqualification wasn't only about this Olympics. whenever I see a Short Track competition and when an accident happens they disqualify China :p:p (and maybe rightfully I'm no expert in this sport)

Just now, MHSN said:

Lol yeah in badminton they are really notorious. Korea Masters always have low participation due to this reputation (but it doesn't affect Korea Open which is considered a bigger tournament). Luckily badminton has the challenge system.

And in China Open 2016 there was a controversy in a match between China vs Japan which was led by.... a Chinese umpire.

5 minutes ago, thepharoah said:

Over scoring for the home team and a call here or there is expected. But tonight was blatant cheating and corruption, and it's not just the Koreans but the officials.  The only reason Canada and China were DQ'ed was so Korea can say that their extra skater on the ice wasn't a problem since those other teams were already not 'official' anyway. 

Imagine in the 4x100 relay at the SOG a runner going into someone else's lane completely and intentionally pushing them over while their teammate started out of the blocks before they had the baton and then ran ahead of everyone to win.  That is basically what happened tonight.  That would never be accepted in the SOG, yet Korea gets its gold here.  

3 minutes ago, orangeman said:

Over scoring for the home team and a call here or there is expected. But tonight was blatant cheating and corruption, and it's not just the Koreans but the officials.  The only reason Canada and China were DQ'ed was so Korea can say that their extra skater on the ice wasn't a problem since those other teams were already not 'official' anyway. 

Imagine in the 4x100 relay at the SOG a runner going into someone else's lane completely and intentionally pushing them over while their teammate started out of the blocks before they had the baton and then ran ahead of everyone to win.  That is basically what happened tonight.  That would never be accepted in the SOG, yet Korea gets its gold here.  

over scoring for home nation is a crime as well , many athletes were robbed of medals cuz they had to beat the local hero , my point of view is that we're talking about one controversial event not many as i always see , so this's the nature of Olympic games for sorry , hosts must be favored ! and btw always judges make mistakes in relays and most of the time they favor the home side as well 

1 minute ago, intoronto said:

The head ref was British...

And the women's video ref is Dutch. (although I'm not sure whether or not he does that for every women's race)

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!