website statistics

Winter Olympic Games 2018 Tickets, Trips and Experiences

7 hours ago, ahjfcshfghb said:

Apparently, if you buy the tickets through fan-to-fan, it's fine. Only Koreans could originally buy the discounted tickets, I didn't even have the option. But I could buy the Youth one in resale, and they just asked for age verification.

And on the off chance it doesn't work, still worth trying. If I have to pay the entire fee, at least I got a D seat. 

Where is the resale website?

Does anyone know where to find information on what will be on offer at the Gangneung cluster?  I know the Canadian House will be there, but I'm having difficulty finding any more information.  

We planned to arrive early to see what's going on, but I just realized the flame will (likely) be at Alpensia park since that's the main area where the ceremonies will be.  We're now considering hopping off the train one stop early to see what's going on there, but that will mean complicated shuttles over to Gangneung to get to the hockey game.  Not sure if it's worth the headache, but if you're going to the Olympics you should see the flame, right?  

The other option is to go back to the area on Saturday before our evening flight out, and then take the train to Incheon.  But then what do we do with our luggage?  Anyway, not sure if it's worth all this headache or if Gangneung will have enough to entertain us before and between events.  

Edit: I found this list of hospitality houses: https://medium.com/road-to-pyeongchang/olympic-hospitality-house-list-pyeongchang-ultimate-guide-to-pyeongchang-2018-cee00632a2c3

in addition to Canada, the Gangneung cluster will host Czech, Japan and...wait for it...the Holland Heineken House!  :beer:

So, yeah, I think my friend and I will find enough Asahi, Urquell and Heineken to keep us busy between events.  

Russia is also on that list, but I'm not sure now.  

Edited by orangeman

• 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, vovanA said:

I also go to Pyeongchang but I don't know if I'm as lucky as you... I'll go there as a journalist and won't be able to follow all the sports as I have always loved. 

That’s cool, too! What organization are you with? I’m a big fan of RT myself.

I’ll be rooting for Russia, btw. Even though I’m Czech-American ie. two nationalities that really don’t like Russia, I think some of their athletes have been treated way too harshly by the IOC and deserve some solidarity.

6 часов назад, ahjfcshfghb сказал:

That’s cool, too! What organization are you with? I’m a big fan of RT myself.

I’ll be rooting for Russia, btw. Even though I’m Czech-American ie. two nationalities that really don’t like Russia, I think some of their athletes have been treated way too harshly by the IOC and deserve some solidarity.

RT TV channel. Thank you! And for us it's a pity Koukalova won't come, she's got some fans here. 

33 minutes ago, vovanA said:

RT TV channel. Thank you! And for us it's a pity Koukalova won't come, she's got some fans here. 

You’re with RT? No way! Would be cool to meet. I bought a 1.5*1m Russian flag for the opening ceremony. If you’d like to do an interview (American who sides with Russia lol) that would be hilarious.

I believe Koukalova will be back hungrier than ever in 2022. Northug and the NHL players too. Bjoerndalen and Ahn I’m saddest about- this was going to be their last huge thing, and they both had the health and ability to go. I’ll try to see Bjoerndalen out of competition.

Is it now 100% confirmed that Ahn, Shipulin etc aren’t going? I heard they’re ‘fighting to the end’ though I’m not sure what they can do to be reinstated on the final list.

36 минут назад, ahjfcshfghb сказал:

You’re with RT? No way! Would be cool to meet. I bought a 1.5*1m Russian flag for the opening ceremony. If you’d like to do an interview (American who sides with Russia lol) that would be hilarious.

I believe Koukalova will be back hungrier than ever in 2022. Northug and the NHL players too. Bjoerndalen and Ahn I’m saddest about- this was going to be their last huge thing, and they both had the health and ability to go. I’ll try to see Bjoerndalen out of competition.

Is it now 100% confirmed that Ahn, Shipulin etc aren’t going? I heard they’re ‘fighting to the end’ though I’m not sure what they can do to be reinstated on the final list.

I'm with Russia Today and will work for the TV channel and Russian edition of web site. Yes, interview with you would be a great thing for me, thank you! I'm not sure that I can attend ceremonies but I can come to any other event

IOC said that final list of athletes will be published today, but I guess it's all over for them. No use to appeal in CAS...

15 minutes ago, vovanA said:

I'm with Russia Today and will work for the TV channel and Russian edition of web site. Yes, interview with you would be a great thing for me, thank you! I'm not sure that I can attend ceremonies but I can come to any other event

IOC said that final list of athletes will be published today, but I guess it's all over for them. No use to appeal in CAS...

I’m going to 26 events and the Opening Ceremony. Hahaha. 

Trying to get women’s figure skating tickets too. Want to see at least one Russian gold. See what it’s like.

If you actually want to do an interview then I’m down for sure! Not sure if I could really add much. I just thought it would be an entertaining idea. Though I definitely have a lot to say on the matter.

Shame about the list- I guess we’ll wait it out. Scandalous how they announce it so soon without appeal chance, plus without solid evidence. I do think it’s a conspiracy. Isolate Russia on the international stage. Even North Korea is being given nice treatment. Ridiculous.

I'm interested to know about the ‘alternative competitions’ for Russians and who will participate in them!

On 1/17/2018 at 18:48, orangeman said:

Does anyone know where to find information on what will be on offer at the Gangneung cluster?  I know the Canadian House will be there, but I'm having difficulty finding any more information.  

We planned to arrive early to see what's going on, but I just realized the flame will (likely) be at Alpensia park since that's the main area where the ceremonies will be.  We're now considering hopping off the train one stop early to see what's going on there, but that will mean complicated shuttles over to Gangneung to get to the hockey game.  Not sure if it's worth the headache, but if you're going to the Olympics you should see the flame, right?  

The other option is to go back to the area on Saturday before our evening flight out, and then take the train to Incheon.  But then what do we do with our luggage?  Anyway, not sure if it's worth all this headache or if Gangneung will have enough to entertain us before and between events.  

Edit: I found this list of hospitality houses: https://medium.com/road-to-pyeongchang/olympic-hospitality-house-list-pyeongchang-ultimate-guide-to-pyeongchang-2018-cee00632a2c3

in addition to Canada, the Gangneung cluster will host Czech, Japan and...wait for it...the Holland Heineken House!  :beer:

So, yeah, I think my friend and I will find enough Asahi, Urquell and Heineken to keep us busy between events.  

Russia is also on that list, but I'm not sure now.  

Sorry- really late reply. I recommend you join the FB group ‘Peeps in Gangneung’. It’s an English language group of expats and locals. Great for advice, companionship, and ideas of what to do! I personally found accommodation through there.