website statistics

Winter Olympic Games 2018 Tickets, Trips and Experiences

18 hours ago, ahjfcshfghb said:

Which events will you be at?@intoronto @orangeman

I'm going to the women's gold medal hockey game and then the men's curling semifinals, both on 02/22.  If Canada's men make it to the hockey semis the next day I will try to get tickets for that as well.  

21 hours ago, Sindo said:

So as of now we will have @ahjfcshfghb and @orangeman in PyeongChang from Totallympics.

Hopefully you will be able to post here some pictures and comments during the Olympics!

I will!  I'm actually only going to be in Korea for 3 days, and at the Olympics for 1 because I will stay in Seoul.  It'll be a long day - 8am train out to Gangneung, returning after midnight.  Really, really excited!  

Everyone is saying that the ticket sales are low because of North Korea, but I would have stayed much longer and bought many more tickets if it was organized better.  There was no way to really stay near the events.  Luckily I used to live in Seoul and know my way around, but I didn't want to take the train every day there and back (expensive and tiresome).  All my friends in Seoul want to go see things, and maybe they'd pay the Olympic ticket prices.  But then add $50 for a return train trip, 2 hours each way, and very few of them are going to bother going.  The North is a nice scapegoat, but I think the organizers have to take some responsibility.  

But still very excited!  

5 hours ago, orangeman said:

I will!  I'm actually only going to be in Korea for 3 days, and at the Olympics for 1 because I will stay in Seoul.  It'll be a long day - 8am train out to Gangneung, returning after midnight.  Really, really excited!  

Everyone is saying that the ticket sales are low because of North Korea, but I would have stayed much longer and bought many more tickets if it was organized better.  There was no way to really stay near the events.  Luckily I used to live in Seoul and know my way around, but I didn't want to take the train every day there and back (expensive and tiresome).  All my friends in Seoul want to go see things, and maybe they'd pay the Olympic ticket prices.  But then add $50 for a return train trip, 2 hours each way, and very few of them are going to bother going.  The North is a nice scapegoat, but I think the organizers have to take some responsibility.  

But still very excited!  

Maybe you could get the Pyeongchang rail pass? About 200 CAD for unlimited travel 7 days. Though time is still a huge factor unfortunately.

I will go to Pyeongchang too! Quite easy to buy some tickets, because it seems no one else goes to Korea. A lot of speedskating, but also shorttrack, curling, figure skating, alpine skiing, snowboard and ... thank God ... BIATHLON!! Just bought two tickets for the 10KM sprint men. 

5 hours ago, ahjfcshfghb said:

Maybe you could get the Pyeongchang rail pass? About 200 CAD for unlimited travel 7 days. Though time is still a huge factor unfortunately.

Well, as I said I decided to just drop by for a few days instead.  I'll be sitting on a beach in Thailand the rest of the time.  Much cheaper...and warmer!

4 hours ago, CCB said:

I will go to Pyeongchang too! Quite easy to buy some tickets, because it seems no one else goes to Korea. A lot of speedskating, but also shorttrack, curling, figure skating, alpine skiing, snowboard and ... thank God ... BIATHLON!! Just bought two tickets for the 10KM sprint men. 

Yeah, lots of tickets for everything.  Unfortunately, only the very expensive tickets left for short track ($350).  I'm surprised short track is available at all still, considering how popular it is in Korea.  I expect that to sell out soon.  Biathlon and other ski events are plentiful and cheap.  

1 hour ago, orangeman said:

Well, as I said I decided to just drop by for a few days instead.  I'll be sitting on a beach in Thailand the rest of the time.  Much cheaper...and warmer!

Yeah, lots of tickets for everything.  Unfortunately, only the very expensive tickets left for short track ($350).  I'm surprised short track is available at all still, considering how popular it is in Korea.  I expect that to sell out soon.  Biathlon and other ski events are plentiful and cheap.  

Ah. Sounds good, too!

6 hours ago, CCB said:

Yeah, I've basically loaded up on Biathlon mostly. Still seeing some skating events because of the atmosphere/love watching them, but only going to one of each. 

2 hours ago, intoronto said:

How did you manage to get a Youth discount?  "Only Korean nationals are eligible for discount."

Apparently, if you buy the tickets through fan-to-fan, it's fine. Only Koreans could originally buy the discounted tickets, I didn't even have the option. But I could buy the Youth one in resale, and they just asked for age verification.

And on the off chance it doesn't work, still worth trying. If I have to pay the entire fee, at least I got a D seat.