website statistics

How Many Medals do You Expect from Your Nation at the Winter Olympic Games 2018?

18-20

Cross Country : 0-2

Nordic Combined : 0-1

Ski Jumping: 0

Alpine Skiing: 2-3

Freestyle skiing: 4-5

Snowboarding: 2-3

Biathlon: 7

Figure skating: 1 (that's the easy one)

Speed Skating/Short Track : 0-1

Sliding sports: 0

The skiing federation (FIS + IBU disiciplines) is aiming at 20 medals for its disciplines. It's doable, but it sounds like the very upper limit.

il y a 25 minutes, De_Gambassi a déclaré:

18-20

Cross Country : 0-2

Nordic Combined : 0-1

Ski Jumping: 0

Alpine Skiing: 2-3

Freestyle skiing: 4-5

Snowboarding: 2-3

Biathlon: 7

Figure skating: 1 (that's the easy one)

Speed Skating/Short Track : 0-1

Sliding sports: 0

The skiing federation (FIS + IBU disiciplines) is aiming at 20 medals for its disciplines. It's doable, but it sounds like the very upper limit.

You can potentially add some chances in all the sports (except speed skating) .. I don't think 20 is the upper limit with a bit of luck

il y a 20 minutes, SalamAkhi a déclaré:

You can potentially add some chances in all the sports (except speed skating) .. I don't think 20 is the upper limit with a bit of luck

I could also drop some chances here and there too. The point is to give a kind of realistic bracket for each sport/discipline.The FFS probably annonuced its objective too soon (before the season started actually).

18 is the number I'm personnaly looking for (allreay 3 more than our record in Sochi). Then, the more, the merrier :)

Edited by De_Gambassi

Juste maintenant , De_Gambassi a déclaré:

I could also drop some chances here and there too. The point is to give a kind of realistic bracket for each sport/discipline.The FFS probably annonuced its objective too soon (before the season started actually).

18 is the number I'm personnaly looking for (allreay 3 moue than ou reccord in Sochi). Then, the more, the merrier :)

18 would be sufficient for the FFS with a bit of help from the FFSG :)

2 hours ago, heywoodu said:

Which makes me think of another question: which events do you think are the most likely to see a one-country podium? To be clear, mentioning an event doesn't mean you actually expect this to happen, just that in your opinion it's a bigger possibility than other events (for example I don't think men's 5000m will be swept by the Netherlands, but it's still 100% more likely than the women's 500m :p ).

Women's luge - Germany

Men's ski jumping (normal and large hill) - Germany/Norway

Nordic combined (both individual events) - Germany/Norway

Cross-country (several events) - Norway

This came to mind real quick :p 

France in women's snowboardcross (and this is more than likely...actually, there are just 3/4 girls who could avoid it)...

Germany in men's Bobsleigh (mainly in 4-man, but I don't exclude the 2-man neither, if they can enter 3 sleds -I'm not 100% aware of qualifications criteria in Bobsleigh)

Russia (pardon, OAR) in women's single (Figure Skating)

South Korea in all 1000m and, even more, in all 1500m races in Short Track Speedskating (those last 2 being the most likely of the entire Games program)...

Juste maintenant , phelps a déclaré:

France in women's snowboardcross (and this is more than likely...actually, there are just 3/4 girls who could avoid it)...

Moioli seemed very strong in last races (home effect ?) and Jacobellis is not to be underestimated ... but I will not lie, that would be my preference :p