website statistics

How Many Medals do You Expect from Your Nation at the Winter Olympic Games 2018?

vor 23 Minuten schrieb VolleyRuller96:

To be honest, for me, the only REAL chances we have are all in ski jumping, where if we won't get at least one medal in each men's event will be disappointment. Personally I hope we will get something more in other sports too, but i don't believe in more than 5-6 medals, 3 of which should be in ski jumping.

Don't you have a pretty good speed skater?

11 minutes ago, EselTheDonkey said:

Poland has a chance to win a medal in speed skating, but it's more likely that they win no medals there. 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

10 minutes ago, EselTheDonkey said:

Well, many of our speed skaters are decent, but I don't see them being amongst the favourites in any event. If I remember correctly none of them finished on podium during the last World Cup competition in Germany. (OK, There was one gold medaI, but it was  in women's division B) Iknow they are probably preparing their best form for the olympic games, and I wish them the best luck, but so far they did not really present what they are capable of this season. Any medal here will be a nice surprise for me :)

But still, somehow I have the feeling this Olympic Games will be the weakest in years for us...

My favourite Volleyball position: LIBERO. You ask why? Look here. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZyIOarNAONk

6 minutes ago, VolleyRuller96 said:

Well, many of our speed skaters are decent, but I don't see them being amongst the favourites in any event. If I remember correctly none of them finished on podium during the last World Cup competition in Germany. (OK, There was one gold medaI, but it was  in women's division B) Iknow they are probably preparing their best form for the olympic games, and I wish them the best luck, but so far they did not really present what they are capable of this season. Any medal here will be a nice surprise for me :)

But still, somehow I have the feeling this Olympic Games will be the weakest in years for us...

Plus World Cups in speed skating mean so much less than in ski jumping, alpine skiing and so on :p 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

The official Danish goal is 2 top 6 places. Elena and the men's curling team would be the favourites for that, though the male speed skaters can do it on their best days and maybe even the women's curling team if they have a great tournament.

I expect 28 medals and 10-12 golds.

The absence of Luitz, Neureuther, Zimmermann and Zacher + the recent developments in biathlon and nordic combined clearly hurt the german chances, otherwise i would have expected at least 34 medals and 12-14 golds.

I think Norway will win the medal table with at least 36 medals and at least 15 golds, they have great gold medal chances in men's biathlon, cross-country, women's ski jumping, nordic combined, freestyle skiing, men's alpine skiing and snowboarding. I think no other nation will win golds in as many different sports.

Attachment is the great fabricator of illusions; reality can be obtained only by someone who is detached.

Dutch website where you can predict how many medals the Dutch athletes will win and then compare it with the 'experts' (former world class speed skaters Erben Wennemars and Mark Tuitert):

http://app.nos.nl/os2018/#/onderdelen

You think Tuitert is optimistic with 8 gold (+10 silver medals! and 3 bronze ones), but wait for Wennemars.....13 (!!) gold medals :lol: Please don't let that happen :p 

We have it simple this time, Polish medals = ski jumping medals, chance for any medal outside ski jumping is small (maybe Weronika in biathlon, maybe some miracle in speed skating or 30 km by Justyna)

That`s why k90 contest is crucial. Most Poles bet on 3 medals, 1 per ski jumping contest. If we win 2 tomorrow we should exceed this 3 medals expectation

I fell in love with sports.....since i first seen it