website statistics

India National Thread

gvaisakh

Even if Women don't get the team quota, getting two singles quotas won't be a cakewalk. One Singles quota is confirmed from South Asian Region as I think one quota will be given to each of the 5 regions in Asian single qualifiers, then the sixth quota will be a fight among the rest; most likely would be between North Korea, Thailand and India.

The next quotas would come at a qualification tournament and World Rankings. I estimated it will be distributed till Rank 101 whereas the next ranked Indian after Manika is Ayhika Mukherjee who is ranked 121. 

8 minutes ago, Siddhartha Talukdar said:

Even if Women don't get the team quota, getting two singles quotas won't be a cakewalk. One Singles quota is confirmed from South Asian Region as I think one quota will be given to each of the 5 regions in Asian single qualifiers, then the sixth quota will be a fight among the rest; most likely would be between North Korea, Thailand and India.

The next quotas would come at a qualification tournament and World Rankings. I estimated it will be distributed till Rank 101 whereas the next ranked Indian after Manika is Ayhika Mukherjee who is ranked 121. 

Where did you get this one?

The stuff about 5 quotas for 5 regions.

11 minutes ago, Shravan Kumar said:

Where did you get this one?

The stuff about 5 quotas for 5 regions.

I saw it in Table Tennis qualification forum. This practice was followed for previous Olympics as well.

In fact the ITTF calender shows a qualification tournament for Western Asia region to be held in Jordan in 23-26 Feb

https://www.ittf.com/2020-event-calendar/

43 minutes ago, Siddhartha Talukdar said:

I saw it in Table Tennis qualification forum. This practice was followed for previous Olympics as well.

In fact the ITTF calender shows a qualification tournament for Western Asia region to be held in Jordan in 23-26 Feb

https://www.ittf.com/2020-event-calendar/

Yeah I saw the Western Asia one a couple of weeks ago. I was confused.

19 minutes ago, anuj said:

Anyone has idea why no indian is entered for ittf german open,Is it due to their rankings??

Maybe or maybe not. The significant one is mixed doubles. But they maybe thinking it's not possible to get quota. 

I don't think it is rankings because whatever the case Sathiyan and Sharath could have easily got in. So maybe the team is skipping it.

Edited by Shravan Kumar

8 hours ago, Prashanth said:

Indians in Action Today

Grand Slam Australian Open 2020

MD:-Rohan/Yasutaka loose in Rd1

Divj/Artem play in Rd2

WD:-Sania/Nadiia play in Rd1

XD:-  Rohan/Nadiia, Paes/Jelena play in Rd1

ITTF Olympic Qualifier

Men:- India 3 - 0 Luxembourg

India vs Slovenia

Women:- India 3 - 2 Sweden

India vs Romania

SA Pittsburgh Open 2020

MS:- Saurav plays in Rd2

Carol Weymullar Open

WS:- Joshna plays in Rd2

BWF Thailand Masters 2020

All lost in Rd1

Seems sania has pulled out of aus open ?

strength does not come from physical capacity but from an indomitable will. - Gandhi

3 hours ago, Shravan Kumar said:

Maybe or maybe not. The significant one is mixed doubles. But they maybe thinking it's not possible to get quota. 

I don't think it is rankings because whatever the case Sathiyan and Sharath could have easily got in. So maybe the team is skipping it.

Manika Batra is there . so it is not due to ranking. may be due to olympics qualification team tournament they are skipping