website statistics

India National Thread

gvaisakh

4 hours ago, Siddhartha Talukdar said:

Thanks for the information. I checked the FEI Zonal Rankings and even if China and Thailand don't qualify their teams, India's Fouaad Mirza still qualifies.

I have 2 queries though - 1) By when should the requirements be fulfilled 2) What happens if China and Thailand don't qualify as team, does that team quota is re-allocated somewhere

Not quite. If China and/or Thailand fail to fill a team, then they are given individual zonal spot(s) with top priority, irregardless of their own points. So India does need at least one of them to succeed.

Deadline for reaching the requirements is June 2020. As for the unused team places, they would get reallocated to other nations based on rankings (right now to Russia and Belarus).

#banbestmen

1 hour ago, Siddhartha Talukdar said:

Deepak Kumar in top 8 accompanied by 3 Chinese, 1  each from Japan, South Korea, Taiwan and Thailand. China and Japan have quota already so he has to be better than the others. Big news is that Sanjeev Rajput has achieved MQS by scoring 626 (MQS is 595), so even though Deepak Kumar can't secure quota we still would have 2 competitors in this event and 2 quotas in Mixed team

Only China has the quotas. Japan has 12 host quotas which are separate from these quotas. Japan can get 2 quotas in each event as they did not qualify a single athlete in shooting till now. The host quota will be reallocated to ranking then. 

So Deepak needs to be in top 3 of other 5.

So India, Korea and Taiwan will win the quota I believe. 

Anish shot a good 288, he just needs to qualify for finals to get the quota as China and Korea have full quota and may qualify at least 1 for finals here. Yet Vietnam and Thailand going good. Pakistan will get it's 2nd quota too. 

1 minute ago, Fly_like_a_don said:

Only China has the quotas. Japan has 12 host quotas which are separate from these quotas. Japan can get 2 quotas in each event as they did not qualify a single athlete in shooting till now. The host quota will be reallocated to ranking then. 

So Deepak needs to be in top 3 of other 5.

So India, Korea and Taiwan will win the quota I believe. 

Anish shot a good 288, he just needs to qualify for finals to get the quota as China and Korea have full quota and may qualify at least 1 for finals here. Yet Vietnam and Thailand going good. Pakistan will get it's 2nd quota too. 

Deepak has won the quota. 

Korea has only one quota in 25m Pistol. 

Just now, Siddhartha Talukdar said:

I am a bit confused, was there any Final in 10m Air Rifle as its not showing in results.sius

Yes, there was final. Sius website is stuck. I got info from twitter handle of Raninder Singh. 

Just now, Dolby said:

Yes, there was final. Sius website is stuck. I got info from twitter handle of Raninder Singh. 

That's what I checked and got nothing. 

Anish is going to Tokyo if no Indian including him don't qualify via that ranking spot.