website statistics

India National Thread

gvaisakh

37 minutes ago, Siddhartha Talukdar said:

The FIE rankings have been updated taking into account the World Championships and Bhavani Devi jumps from 67th to 44th rank and as things stand she qualifies for Olympics as best individual fencer in Asia/Oceania ignoring team qualifications

Rankings available here

https://fie.org/athletes

At present China and Korea are qualifying teams while Japan and India are qualifying individual athletes. Bhavani needs to stay above Kazakhstan and Hong Kong and hope that both China and Korea do qualify team. If either of those teams fail to qualify a team, we will have to rely on Asian qualifying tournament to qualify for Olympics 

Hi, I assume you guys already heard about the disqualification of Bahraini sprinter Kemi Adekoya which potentially can give India one gold (and a bronze) at the 2018 Asian Games. I checked couple of pages and I see nobody mentioned it here, perhaps you guys don't care about that :d

I wonder if there are news about this in India media about the re-allocation of medals. I'm talking about "actual re-allocation" not possible.

or maybe it's just too early for that because the decision is new and still open for appeal

5 hours ago, MHSN said:

Hi, I assume you guys already heard about the disqualification of Bahraini sprinter Kemi Adekoya which potentially can give India one gold (and a bronze) at the 2018 Asian Games. I checked couple of pages and I see nobody mentioned it here, perhaps you guys don't care about that :d

I wonder if there are news about this in India media about the re-allocation of medals. I'm talking about "actual re-allocation" not possible.

or maybe it's just too early for that because the decision is new and still open for appeal

It has been reported in our main newspaper

https://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/sports/more-sports/athletics/indias-mixed-relay-silver-at-asiad-set-to-be-upgraded-to-gold/articleshow/70299013.cms

4 hours ago, MHSN said:

Atleast I am aware of that. It feels nice to win another gold but still it feels inadequate until we can overtake the Africans in medal table in Asian Games. 

Meanwhile Indian media is going ga-ga over Hima Das winning a series of golds in preparatory meets in Europe in low quality races. :facepalm:

14 minutes ago, Dolby said:

Atleast I am aware of that. It feels nice to win another gold but still it feels inadequate until we can overtake the Africans in medal table in Asian Games. 

Meanwhile Indian media is going ga-ga over Hima Das winning a series of golds in preparatory meets in Europe in low quality races. :facepalm:

The  great run of 5 gold in a month. ???

6 hours ago, MHSN said:

We all are aware of it, But until we get we kept in low profile. In India we have tendency of over blowing of a medal.

Tokyo - 2020

Go India Go

Indians in Action

FINA World Championships 2019

Sailing ILCA Laser Radial World Championships 2019-After Rd3

Women:- Nethra in 76th place

BWF Indonesia Open 2019

WS:- Sindhu looses in Finals

ATP Tour

ATP 500

Hamburg:- Sumit plays in Rd1

Rohan/Pablo plays in Rd1