website statistics

India National Thread

gvaisakh

9 hours ago, gubchandrolai said:

I would like to stay positive today and expect atleast 30% of the Indian population who watched a badminton match after so many time or for the first time even will keep track of our shuttlers. Even if that happens it will be a huge boost. 

Exactly. The way people cheered Sindhu/Dipa is heartening. Star Sports has been telecasting Super Series events regularly (QF onwards), so viewership is bound to increase. :fingers:

13 minutes ago, Madhusudhan said:

Did any one have idea what would have been the result in case of Sakshi match ended in tie 5-5?

I felt that sakshi is winner in case of tie as she scored the last points but commentator was saying some thing else

My initial assessment was that even without those last second points, she would have been winner. In case of tie, the wrestler with the highest scoring move wins. In that match, both had 2-2-1 points, so another tie. In which case, last point wins, i.e. Sakshi. I am assuming that commentator assumed that Kyrgyz wrestler had scored 4+1 instead of 2+2+1 as her 2+2 came in succesion, one move of 2 leading to another move of 2. But, it was still 2+2 and not 4. But, there is one thing that is bothering me why would Kyrgyz wrestler challenge. Even if she won challenge, it would have ended 5-5 and Sakshi would have won the match. So, there is a good chance, I am missing something and commentator was right. 

17 minutes ago, Dolby said:

My initial assessment was that even without those last second points, she would have been winner. In case of tie, the wrestler with the highest scoring move wins. In that match, both had 2-2-1 points, so another tie. In which case, last point wins, i.e. Sakshi. I am assuming that commentator assumed that Kyrgyz wrestler had scored 4+1 instead of 2+2+1 as her 2+2 came in succesion, one move of 2 leading to another move of 2. But, it was still 2+2 and not 4. But, there is one thing that is bothering me why would Kyrgyz wrestler challenge. Even if she won challenge, it would have ended 5-5 and Sakshi would have won the match. So, there is a good chance, I am missing something and commentator was right. 

Thanks for clarification...In the initial bout I was wondering how Shakshi has won when it was a tie, but only opponent scored the last point. now it's clear.

Edited by Prakash

53 minutes ago, Dolby said:

Am also wondering what was that.... I want to be sure abt these rules for yogeswar match to avoid tension... my view was sakshi was winner even with 5-5 score but even then sakshi was desperate to score points in last seconds

Just now, Madhusudhan said:

Is there any criteria how the draw is made in boxing and wrestling?

These are the two events i felt that where there was a chance of two top players meeting each other in initial rounds

Top players meet each other in initial rounds in these two events as there are very low number of seeded entries. In Wrestling, IIRC the finalists from the last World Championships were given top 2 seeds and rest all were placed randomly. Even this an improvement as in London, there was no seeds and you could have repeat of WC final in first round itself. There are demands for more seeds and UWW has been trying to popularise its rankings but there is still a lot of work that needs to be done.

For Boxing, I am not sure if any seeding was used. Also, how would they compare boxers from different formats (amateurs vs ABP vs WSB).