website statistics

India National Thread

gvaisakh

Huge breaking News:------

Effect of Olympics or Paes effect...

Sania n Hingis have broken the team and have registered with separate players for US Open....

This is a news from tennisforum.com though can't confirm the news yet....

Tokyo - 2020

Go India Go

I feel going forward that we need to push our bench strength even more...Be it shooting, archery or other sports.....bring in the juniors or 2-3 athletes who can reach that position in a yr or two if they are given the opportunities....

atleast give them a chance to either fail or to improve......tough competition at the domestic level helps improve the quality of performance.....

9 minutes ago, Steve_RP said:

I feel going forward that we need to push our bench strength even more...Be it shooting, archery or other sports.....bring in the juniors or 2-3 athletes who can reach that position in a yr or two if they are given the opportunities....

atleast give them a chance to either fail or to improve......tough competition at the domestic level helps improve the quality of performance.....

I think its already tough at National Level .. There many good shooter now days even at national level . But some more training needed for us to hold the nerve at exact time..  And we need to train more Junior so that we will qualify for next Olympics in all the category ..

Not sure why these names are not spoken now a days -  Tejaswini Sawat,  Rojan Sodhi,  Anesha Syden ,  Showgun Chowdary etc..

29 minutes ago, Steve_RP said:

I agree. Especially in shooting and archery we should qualify as many as we can. So the probability of getting medals increases. Now Abinav gone and we dont know about gagan. So we should groom for 10 m airrifle, and 50 m prone and 3 positions. Already chain singh is there. Hope they dont stick with sanjeev rajput again. At least for shooting our juniors are good. We should aim 2018 asian games in short term. And regarding other sports I feel we should concentrate on swimming, Judo, fencing. Out of this three, swimming can easly reach ordinary kids. First we should perform well in asian games and commonwealth where itself we have world class competition with likes of china, japan, australia, south africa etc.,

Edited by Kiruphagaran

14 minutes ago, Kiruphagaran said:

I agree. Especially in shooting and archery we should qualify as many as we can. So the probability of getting medals increases. Now Abinav gone and we dont know about gagan. So we should groom for 10 m airrifle, and 50 m prone and 3 positions. Already chain singh is there. Hope they dont stick with sanjeev rajput again. At least for shooting our juniors are good. We should aim 2018 asian games in short term. And regarding other sports I feel we should concentrate on swimming, Judo, fencing. Out of this three, swimming can easly reach ordinary kids. First we should perform well in asian games and commonwealth where itself we have world class competition with likes of china, japan, australia, south africa etc.,

Even Cycling & Rowing too .. Where we can able to fetch medals at Asian level .. we need to train more. .