website statistics

India National Thread

gvaisakh

12 minutes ago, Madhusudhan said:

Thats the way to go........ I think we have lost out on only two medal opportunities weightlifting (not many cared but it was our easiest medal chance considering no chinese there) and Bindra (hard luck).... so not all is lost... still good no of chances are there for India

9 minutes ago, Steve_RP said:

Add the women's archery team to that list of lost opportunities....

I agree with womens arhcery and abinav. Mens 10 m airrifle gave medals at last two olympics so I was confident but it was not our day. I believe still we have chance in shooting and archery. Anyone can spring a surprise.

Edited by Kiruphagaran

7 minutes ago, Govind said:

very true... :d .. My frustration gone .. Back to normal .. waiting for today EOD to post my Summary .. even if we return with out medal .. I will still support Olympic sport athelitics.

Thats the spirit. See today in archery the south korean lost to a lower ranked player and  in mens 10 m air rifle chinese favourite yang was way behind. And in olympic  shooting (mainly mens rifle and pistol) I see the same guys winning or getting in to finals most of the times. I hope bindra returns for 2020.  

Summary of Heartbreak for us so far:

1. 10m Air Rifle Men - Bindra missed medal by 0.1 point

2. Women Archery team - Team missed in shoot out against Russia after trying so hard. eventually Russian won silver medal winner in same event

3. 48Kg Women Weightlifting - Saikhom Mirabai Chanu - if she lifted 106 in clean and Jerk which she done before , Bronze assured.

4. Men's Hockey - Losing against 2012 Olympics champion just 3 seconds before end of the match else it will be spoken for Ever.

Summary of Good Performance so far

1. Dipa Karmakar - She is in headline in all the Indian Channels - First Indian women to qualify for Vault Finals.

2. Dattu Baban Bhokanal  - Rower directly qualifies for Quaterfinal for first time.

3. Prarthana Thombare - Women double tennis - Hard fought by her. Even if she lost in first round.

Expected results from my side:  (I am not Sports Journalist, this is completely my opinion)

Men's doubles - Its expected result, Ego will not fetch the medal. 

Ayonika Paul - 10m Air rifle women - She never won major medal expect 2014 Common wealth games. She won bronze one world cup. And never be consistent. Not sure why this quota is not sure used for other( Eg. Sanjeev Rajput)

Manavjit Singh Sandhu - Men's Trap - Why we need to keep trying with same person for more than three Olympics. I agree he is once world champion. But unable to sustain the pressure and he is not qualified for finals even once in Olympics.

More Shocking results :

TT Players not even moved to next round - Even Soumyajit Ghosh lost in first round.

10m Air Pistol Men- Considering the current form of Jitu Rai. I got shocked to see his low score in finals while he was starting

I will support India Olympic athletics .. Any time .. Any where

Edited by Govind

28 minutes ago, Kiruphagaran said:

Thats the spirit. See today in archery the south korean lost to a lower ranked player and  in mens 10 m air rifle chinese favourite yang was way behind. And in olympic  shooting (mainly mens rifle and pistol) I see the same guys winning or getting in to finals most of the times. I hope bindra returns for 2020.  

Hmm I agree.. :)

Summary of Day 3 - India at RIO 2016 (Heart Break day)

Shooting - 

10m AirRifle Men - Brindra Missed medal by 0.1 finished 4th.Gagan fails to qualify for finals, finished at 23rd. 

Man Trap shooting - Both Manvjit & Kynan Chenai fails to qualify for finals finised at 16 & 19

Hockey

Men Team - Real heart break where India lost to current olympic champion Germany at 2-1. German scored last goal at last 3rd second.

Women Team - Lost to Great Britan at 3 - 0

Archery

Women Individual - Laxmirani Majhi lost to Slovikan at first round.

Swimming

Both Sajan Prakash &  Shivani Kataria did well in their heats finished 3 & 2nd but in final its expected result.