website statistics

India National Thread

gvaisakh

14 hours ago, shrikant said:

http://m.eonline.com/news/794301/simone-biles-releases-a-statement-regarding-drug-testing-leak

Wada showing its color... anyways might is always right..simone biles was tested positive but no action

Does it mean that Sania Mirza & Rohan Bopanna pair from Tennis and Dipa Karmakar from Gymnast will be awarded Bronze ? Just Curious .. Who will prove that they have take drugs..

10 hours ago, Steve_RP said:

Devendra Jhajharia Wins Javelin Gold At Rio Paralympics

:clap:

Congrats Devendra :bowdown:!!!  Paralympians They are real motivators .. If you are feeing sad and worried for something .. Just go to You tube search for RIO 2016 Paralympics.. Then You can achieve anything in this world:d

3 minutes ago, Govind said:

Does it mean that Sania Mirza & Rohan Bopanna pair from Tennis and Dipa Karmakar from Gymnast will be awarded Bronze ? Just Curious .. Who will prove that they have take drugs..

No, Simone Biles and Venus Williams are not going to be stripped of their medals. As Simone said, she had prior permission from WADA to take her medication (containing banned substance) due to her condition (ADHD). In theory at least, these exemptions are available to any athlete who can prove that s/he has an underlying condition and needs medication for that. Also, I hope, they need to show that other medications (without the banned substance) can't work. This exemption could be time bound (when an athlete is recovering from surgery/injury) or long term (I am assuming that Biles has a long term exemption). Legally speaking, I think, they have broken no law and hence, there is no chance of ban or stripping of medals.