website statistics

India National Thread

gvaisakh

Decent analysis..... 

I think in boxing I would add Manish and Gaurav to the possible mens boxers without changing the total possibilities as 2:1;.....

I think in wrestling deepak punia should be added to the possible medallists but keep the total as 2:1 

Same in women added divya karan and ashu to the possible medallists but keep the total to 2:1 ..... 

Also we do have a long shot in javelin especially as now we have two qualifiers.... 

And mirabai I would like to put as a sure shot so that may be moving to 19 best .......7 worst 

strength does not come from physical capacity but from an indomitable will. - Gandhi

Gaurav Bidhuri is not a Olympic prospect - at best in Asian level. A bit apprehensive about Manish as he lost out in the Quarters in the qualifying.

Divya Kakran is a great youngster but to be a Olympic prospect, she has to work more. Again, Deepak Kumar is a great wrestler but lost out in the Asian Championships, hence kept him out.

Awaiting comments from others.

16 minutes ago, Prakash said:

Weightlifting

India's Mirabai Chanu and Jeremy Lalrinnunga is also set to make the cut for Tokyo Olympics as per their ranking as Asian Championships gets cancelled.

Did read it other day and article. Good for them. Mirabai for silver maybe unless she bombs out or does Ri Song Gum who has all but secured herself an Olympic Quota with the Fuzhou World Cup. Chinese lifter is not competing in this weight ,I'm pretty sure about that. 

Edited by Fly_like_a_don

1 hour ago, Prakash said:

Weightlifting

India's Mirabai Chanu and Jeremy Lalrinnunga is also set to make the cut for Tokyo Olympics as per their ranking as Asian Championships gets cancelled.

Technically, Mirabai is not qualified yet as she has only 5 participations instead of requied 6

Olympics to go on in July this year is becoming more and more difficult by day. So, it is futile to discuss our medal chances as of now.

If it gets postponed to say next year, it is tough to predict at this stage since player's form can change a lot in a year.