website statistics

India National Thread

gvaisakh

1 hour ago, Dolby said:

Yes. There is also a chance in ongoing 470 Asian Championships. There are only 15 teams: 5 from China (not eligible), 5 from India and 5 from other nations. But, since no team of ours participated in Asian Games, not sure how good are our chances of winning the lone quota on offer. 

There is nothing like a chance or anything. Only for exposure we are sending 5 teams. We are very bad in this event. At the 2018 Asian Championships we finished 10th and 11th behind China, Japan,  HKG, Singapore, both Korean Thailand pairs and behind 1 Malaysian team and the gap is just huge like 19 and 60 points between Korea and India. So no question about qualifications. 

Interesting to see at the current point ( india would qualify bhawani devi in sabre women and may have a qualifier in epee women in the Asian qualifier with kabitha........ 

strength does not come from physical capacity but from an indomitable will. - Gandhi

Good selection trials in boxing I feel the teams are the best we could have hoped for   

Mary kom ... 51

Sakshi       57

Simranjit - 60 

Lovlina      69 

Pooja....... 75

I am happy that sarita got defeated in the 60 because she has not done anything in the global arena at all...... 

I think sakshi is a really fast boxer and has age on her side, lovlina , Mary and pooja to some extent select Themselves

Edited by nitinsanker

strength does not come from physical capacity but from an indomitable will. - Gandhi

This is the mens team- 

52kg Amit
57kg Gaurav Solanki
63kg Manish Kaushik
69kg Vikas Krishan
75kg Ashish Kumar
81kg Sachin Kumar
91kg Naman Tanwar
91kg +Satish Kumar

A bit surprising that Gaurav Solanki won here ahead of Kavinder Bisht. Otherwise expected results. Good to see Vikas Krishan making an attempt again to qualify for olympics after turning professional.