website statistics

India National Thread

gvaisakh

just a quick analysis of women from the weightlifting weighht championships analysing the selections of CHN and PRK for the womens weightlifting which they have dominated this time 

The Golden collection would be the likely chinese selection - They would definitely want 4 golds from the women 

I would guess they would select 49, 55, 64 , 87 where they have almost a sure GOLD , they also have a 87+ gold but with Tatiana a strong contender who can give Li a run for the money they would prefer the 49 .............

The Green shows the PRK selection as per me 

76 - they got a gold so sure , 59 they got a silver but with just a Kg difference with the Taipei lifter they have good chance of gold 

in 87 they have absolutely sure of silver with a 17 kg difference with the next and a light chance to fight for the gold  ( a 9 kg difference ) 

in 64 they have sure silver with a huge 11 kg difference with the next lifter ............

so Ri will lose out as Mirabai and her are in too close  and less chance of a sure silver and no chance of a gold with a 9 Kg difference 

but you must remember this is based ion Wch , I am not sure if somestrong lifter was not there due to injury and would also depend on the form of lifters thru the year 

so GOOD chance that Korea would not compete in 49 

diff with next non country comp
49 CHN jian G 9      
  PRK Ri B ( silver as two CHN) 3      

55 CHN Liao G 12      

59 PRK CHOE S 12 1 kg difference for gold 

64 CHN DENG G 10      
  PRK Rim S 11 10 kg difference to gold 

76 PRK Rim G 5      
  CHN   S 10      

87 CHN Wang G 9      
  PRK Kim S 17      

87+ CHN Li G 14      
  PRK Kim 4th( BRZ as two CHN )         

strength does not come from physical capacity but from an indomitable will. - Gandhi

5 hours ago, nitinsanker said:

just a quick analysis of women from the weightlifting weighht championships analysing the selections of CHN and PRK for the womens weightlifting which they have dominated this time 

The Golden collection would be the likely chinese selection - They would definitely want 4 golds from the women 

I would guess they would select 49, 55, 64 , 87 where they have almost a sure GOLD , they also have a 87+ gold but with Tatiana a strong contender who can give Li a run for the money they would prefer the 49 .............

The Green shows the PRK selection as per me 

76 - they got a gold so sure , 59 they got a silver but with just a Kg difference with the Taipei lifter they have good chance of gold 

in 87 they have absolutely sure of silver with a 17 kg difference with the next and a light chance to fight for the gold  ( a 9 kg difference ) 

in 64 they have sure silver with a huge 11 kg difference with the next lifter ............

so Ri will lose out as Mirabai and her are in too close  and less chance of a sure silver and no chance of a gold with a 9 Kg difference 

but you must remember this is based ion Wch , I am not sure if somestrong lifter was not there due to injury and would also depend on the form of lifters thru the year 

so GOOD chance that Korea would not compete in 49 

diff with next non country comp
49 CHN jian G 9      
  PRK Ri B ( silver as two CHN) 3      

55 CHN Liao G 12      

59 PRK CHOE S 12 1 kg difference for gold 

64 CHN DENG G 10      
  PRK Rim S 11 10 kg difference to gold 

76 PRK Rim G 5      
  CHN   S 10      

87 CHN Wang G 9      
  PRK Kim S 17      

87+ CHN Li G 14      
  PRK Kim 4th( BRZ as two CHN )         

After the world championships I believe there is a good chance China will  send a lifter in +87kg almost 100 % sure. Li is a junior and commentators said there is no reason on earth to keep Li out of Tokyo, in fact she is the one assured a spot almost surely in China. 

Even 55 and  64 China will send. 

But 87kg competition I have watched and North Korea is close to gold. It shows 9kg but it was so damn close as Un missed 159 so closely which would be just 4kg below the Chinese total so I wonder if Wang will be sent there. 

North Korean predictions are correct. 

1 hour ago, Fly_like_a_don said:

After the world championships I believe there is a good chance China will  send a lifter in +87kg almost 100 % sure. Li is a junior and commentators said there is no reason on earth to keep Li out of Tokyo, in fact she is the one assured a spot almost surely in China. 

Even 55 and  64 China will send. 

But 87kg competition I have watched and North Korea is close to gold. It shows 9kg but it was so damn close as Un missed 159 so closely which would be just 4kg below the Chinese total so I wonder if Wang will be sent there. 

North Korean predictions are correct. 

But tatiana of Russia has the same weight lifts as what Li did so I am still not sure ....but if they do what will be at best an exchange of 87 and 87+ ..... Will not effect 49 directly....... 

Edited by nitinsanker

strength does not come from physical capacity but from an indomitable will. - Gandhi

13 hours ago, nitinsanker said:

But tatiana of Russia has the same weight lifts as what Li did so I am still not sure ....but if they do what will be at best an exchange of 87 and 87+ ..... Will not effect 49 directly....... 

+87 I still believe is almost sure for Li. She can lift up-to 345 kg  and can go up-to 350+ as she's a junior still. So those training numbers will come soon at competitions.

Just now, Fly_like_a_don said:

+87 I still believe is almost sure for Li. She can lift up-to 345 kg  and can go up-to 350+ as she's a junior still. So those training numbers will come soon at competitions.

China has 5 golds in Olympic weights here. So, it is sure that remaining two (59 and 76) are out of running for sure. So, that means 5 weights fighting for 4 spots. Li may be a tremendous lifter and future of Chinese WL program but at present, she is the only one with competition. Tatiana has a PB of 348. Rest all have 10+ kg gap over Silver. So, even though we wish that Chinese skip 49kg so that Mirabai has a chance at Gold, (If it comes clear CHN is skipping 49, PRK won't) I personally don't find it feasible. Ofcourse, it is just my opinion which doesn't matter a bit in Chinese think tank's decision making and there is still a long time to go and a lot can still change till the end of qualification. 

3 hours ago, sanjaydas said:

Aare, in weightlifting, only Mirabai Chanu has any realistic chance of winning anything. She will also probably be the only one travelling to Tokyo. We should shift focus on Hockey and Archery.

When is the next Archery qualification happening.

Asian qualification on Nov 22-28 in Bangkok and team qualification in Jun 22-28 next year in Berlin