website statistics

India National Thread

gvaisakh

1 hour ago, Fly_like_a_don said:

Rakhi Halder finishes with dismal 214kg again. 

Meanwhile analysing Mirabai's chances, it's more dep on the luck and other player's performance. 

Two of her rivals are from north korea and China. With 4 per each gender it's gonna be interesting!! 

North Korea 

Sure to send lifters in 59, 64,76kg

Their 87 kg lifter is very good and could sneak through to be the 4th (In such a case no 49kg lifter) 

China

Sure to send in 55kg, 64kg(just because of experience and being defending Olympic champion and probably world champion again) 

Surely they won't send lifters in 59 and 76 because no chance of gold. 

87kg lifter has a edge in the remaining 3 categories 

So it's all about - 49 vs +87kg

In +87kg, there is presence of Tatiana the WR holder from Russia lifting 333kg.Interestingly Li (Chn) is just 19 years old and lifting 323 already. If Li makes 345+ it's possible she goes through, though it looks a lot but Li has shown such big improvement that nothing can be said. 

Rakhi’s 214 is her equal best (not counting national championships). She has outside chance of making it to Tokyo. But, even if she qualifies it won’t matter much. 

Interesting, I had analysed Chinese possibilities and concluded it is in their best interest to send athlete in 49kg. 10kg difference in 49kg is huge snd it is a sure shot gold for them. But, I missed possibility of PRK not sending Ri in 49kg. 

At present it seems following is situation of PRK: 

49kg: fight with Mirabai for Silver/Bronze

55kg: no chance 

59kg: fight with Taipei for Gold/Silver

64kg: clear silver

76kg: clear Gold if CHN doesn’t send

87kg: clear silver

+87kg: fight for Silver/Bronze with USA if CHN doesn’t send and fight for Bronze if CHN sends. 

So, yes there is a very real possibility that North Korea won’t send a lifter in 49kg. 

2 hours ago, Dolby said:

Rakhi’s 214 is her equal best (not counting national championships). She has outside chance of making it to Tokyo. But, even if she qualifies it won’t matter much. 

Interesting, I had analysed Chinese possibilities and concluded it is in their best interest to send athlete in 49kg. 10kg difference in 49kg is huge snd it is a sure shot gold for them. But, I missed possibility of PRK not sending Ri in 49kg. 

+87kg: fight for Silver/Bronze with USA if CHN doesn’t send and fight for Bronze if CHN sends. 

So, yes there is a very real possibility that North Korea won’t send a lifter in 49kg. 

What about Thailand who in 2018 Championships, 2 of them lifted over 200 kgs in 49kg Category. Which categories are they likely to field their lifters

Just now, Siddhartha Talukdar said:

What about Thailand who in 2018 Championships, 2 of them lifted over 200 kgs in 49kg Category. Which categories are they likely to field their lifters

Thailand had a large number of doping violations and have imposed a self ban. If they try and come out of the self ban, IWF will ban them. 

Just now, Siddhartha Talukdar said:

Thailand has said because of the number of drug cheats they will not participate in the tokyo olympics in weightlifting.....   but they may change their mind but they have missed most of the key events already so they may have missed the window to qualify .... So unlikely

strength does not come from physical capacity but from an indomitable will. - Gandhi

Just now, nitinsanker said:

Thailand has said because of the number of drug cheats they will not participate in the tokyo olympics in weightlifting.....   but they may change their mind but they have missed most of the key events already so they may have missed the window to qualify .... So unlikely

They had expressed  their  desire to participate in World.championship  maybe a.month  ago. IWF had blatantly  refused them. They are trying  to secure permission  for SEA championship but i doubt  they will  approve.

If Thailand  seeks to re enter IWF may have to keep them in suspension 

3 hours ago, Dolby said:

What about Thailand, any chance of their competitor coming back?

Just now, Sanjib said:

What about Thailand, any chance of their competitor coming back?

Just discussed above,...... I would say 90% No..... See above list of answers

strength does not come from physical capacity but from an indomitable will. - Gandhi