website statistics

India National Thread

gvaisakh

What a difference from last year in the Freestyle .... last year and at the asians it was only Bajrang ........ Now we seem to have a great team 

57 - Ravi is just 20 and will get better , he was probably one of the most impressive of all the Indians as he was wrestling  with some of the best 

65 - Bajrang is sheer class and he should have been in the Finals surely 

74 - Sushil I really think should retire and allow someone to emerge - Jitender was alright in the 79, his natural weight is 74 so could be better at the 74 or maybe amit who won silver at the asians 

86 - Deepak is the hottest wrestler after sushil , he will be a superstar and at 18 a finalist at the WCH shows that he is a possible superstar in the making

97 - mausam Khatri is absolutely past his sell by date , we definately need a new 97 Vicky may be a possibiity ( our junior world  bronze medal ) 

125 - Sumit is reasonably good ( was the only one last year to do something reasonable ) 

I think this side is the best would be  have ever had in freestyle 

Edited by nitinsanker

strength does not come from physical capacity but from an indomitable will. - Gandhi

45 minutes ago, nitinsanker said:

did any of you see amits fight in boxing .....it was real travesty....amit landed double the blows that the UZB did 

I don't watch any boxing matches no matter how many Indians are in finals bcoz AIBA is nothing but a cheat. 

1 hour ago, nitinsanker said:

did any of you see amits fight in boxing .....it was real travesty....amit landed double the blows that the UZB did 

Yes, I saw the match Amit seemed to be a clear winner at least on the 1st 2 rounds. Strange he lost by 5-0

Just now, Sanjib said:

Yes, I saw the match Amit seemed to be a clear winner at least on the 1st 2 rounds. Strange he lost by 5-0

I think AMIT was a clear winner in all three rounds in terms of number of punches landed 

strength does not come from physical capacity but from an indomitable will. - Gandhi

Just now, sanjaydas said:

We have 4 medals in wrestling. Did Rahul Aware win his bronze match?

he will be there tomorrow in the bronze level match 

Edited by nitinsanker

19 hours ago, Dolby said:

We were lucky with the draw. 

And also the fact that Israel was in our draw. There was a good chance that the Lebanese athlete entered the semis and maybe the finals but facing Israeli meant it was a no show for the Asian Games silver medallist based in Michigan. 

Rakhi Halder finishes with dismal 214kg again. 

Meanwhile analysing Mirabai's chances, it's more dep on the luck and other player's performance. 

Two of her rivals are from north korea and China. With 4 per each gender it's gonna be interesting!! 

North Korea 

Sure to send lifters in 59, 64,76kg

Their 87 kg lifter is very good and could sneak through to be the 4th (In such a case no 49kg lifter) 

China

Sure to send in 55kg, 64kg(just because of experience and being defending Olympic champion and probably world champion again) 

Surely they won't send lifters in 59 and 76 because no chance of gold. 

87kg lifter has a edge in the remaining 3 categories 

So it's all about - 49 vs +87kg

In +87kg, there is presence of Tatiana the WR holder from Russia lifting 333kg.Interestingly Li (Chn) is just 19 years old and lifting 323 already. If Li makes 345+ it's possible she goes through, though it looks a lot but Li has shown such big improvement that nothing can be said.