website statistics

India National Thread

gvaisakh

13 hours ago, nitinsanker said:

Today's Boxing prediction as per me...... In the QF 

Amit -shuld win - faces carlo palem of PHI 

Kavinder faces Peter Mcgrail and the world no 4 has been in good touch, while kavinder seeded 5th has not been fluent - very tough 

Sanjeet faces ECU boxer Castillo, castillo is in great form but Sanjeet has demolished the world no 2 UZB boxer and cleared the seeded boxer so he has the edge 

Kaushik faces wanderson of Brazil and  is really boxing well, again having cleared the world no 4 MGL  has an edge 

Boxing results can go up and down, India has always had QF phobia .... Remember 2008 Beijing and last yr 3 QF boxer only one reached SF.... But this yr I feel 3 or at least 2 should reach semis........ A huge improvement for us ( we have always had just 1 semi finalist for the last few events) 

Got the analysis quite right here ........ Sanjeet was just too slow against Castillo but it was close , Kavinder was agressive ( unlike his earlier bouts ) but his punches did not land accurately and hence lost .....

strength does not come from physical capacity but from an indomitable will. - Gandhi

Mirabai Chanu will have her event at the World Weightlifting Championships 2019 tomorrow at 4.30pm IST. Sadly we can't watch it. 

The livestream on Olympic Channel is  blocked and IWF say star India has the rights. But I asked Star India who said they haven't bought any such rights for the event. 

23 hours ago, Madhusudhan said:

Again same question arises whether Vinesh has taken right decision by moving to 53 kg.... some one has said that she was having issues in adjusting her weight to 50 kgs.... but she did it perfectly in asian games 50 kg by defeating both sun/irie.... after great difficulty she got adjusted to sun and irie and started defeating them

Now again in 53 kg she should get adjusted to new opponents particularly from japan.... though she has enough time to do it

what ever it be vinesh is too good to be defeated twice in a tournament

Hopefully she prooves herself by winning the quota tomorrow

Some where i read that Asian games is an one day event so adjusting to weight is not a issue and so she partcipated in 50 kg there

After Asian games rules have changed and wrestling has became 2 day event and she has to weigh in for 2 days before the matches and so she has decided to shift to 53 kg

Again as i said she is too good to be defeated twice... she won the quota and bronze medal by defeating her opponents easily

i hope she gets a measure of Japanese wrestler and north korean wrestler (she defeated mukaida easily) for aasured olympic medal

Now its Bajrang turn to prove his mettle and get the quota and medal

1 hour ago, Fly_like_a_don said:

Mirabai Chanu will have her event at the World Weightlifting Championships 2019 tomorrow at 4.30pm IST. Sadly we can't watch it. 

The livestream on Olympic Channel is  blocked and IWF say star India has the rights. But I asked Star India who said they haven't bought any such rights for the event. 

great expectations from her...if she does 200+ she stands a chance for medal

1 hour ago, sanjaydas said:

No medal in Weightlifting; but she stood fourth.

Crossed 200 for the first time and solid performance..... With China almost surely only nominating one of the two for Tokyo .... This is a virtual 3rd ...... Some dependency on what Thailand does now, they may want to participate in Tokyo with one place 

strength does not come from physical capacity but from an indomitable will. - Gandhi

Just now, nitinsanker said:

Crossed 200 for the first time and solid performance..... With China almost surely only nominating one of the two for Tokyo .... This is a virtual 3rd ...... Some dependency on what Thailand does now, they may want to participate in Tokyo with one place 

China can only nominate one of the two. There is a limit of only one lifter per NOC per weight class. None of the Thai lifters has participated in any event in the second period which ends in October. There are a couple of events still remaining in the second period (Asian Junior Championships, Mediterranean Cup and few more Bronze level events) but I think entries for those events also would have closed by now. So, even if Thailand has a change of heart, time is running out.