website statistics

India National Thread

gvaisakh

8 hours ago, nitinsanker said:

Greco tragedy:  all 4 wrestlers at the world champs lost without winning a bout :facepalm:

Not at all suprised. I said before wrestling is doing no good, winning medals at Asian level especially in greco doesn't mean we are improving. 

The rankings in wrestling aren't that good too. For example Seema in 50kg, she's not even a top 10 wrestler to be honest, if she can last 4 of 6 minutes against Japanese or Chinese that will be a great achievement for her. 

Table Tennis Asian Championships starts today. Men's team is drawn to play Sri Lanka and Kuwait, women will play against Lebanon and Jordan.

The group winners then shall play knockout until 2 teams qualify for the Championship Division,

Expecting both to reach there

12 hours ago, Fly_like_a_don said:

Not at all suprised. I said before wrestling is doing no good, winning medals at Asian level especially in greco doesn't mean we are improving. 

The rankings in wrestling aren't that good too. For example Seema in 50kg, she's not even a top 10 wrestler to be honest, if she can last 4 of 6 minutes against Japanese or Chinese that will be a great achievement for her. 

The Greco last year 2018 we won a single bout .......  I still believe we will do better this time.......  I am still hopeful for one QF - Gyanender and Gurjeet may be best bets - it would be a huge achievement which can galvanize Greco in India 

Edited by nitinsanker

strength does not come from physical capacity but from an indomitable will. - Gandhi

11 hours ago, Fly_like_a_don said:

If this is what we think; then with this logic we should not follow judo at all. The buggers are not doing anything of merit; not even at Asian level.

We are improving in Rowing and Cycling every year.

Just now, sanjaydas said:

If this is what we think; then with this logic we should not follow judo at all. The buggers are not doing anything of merit; not even at Asian level.

We are improving in Rowing and Cycling every year.

I never said about stopping to follow watching wrestling. Just that we are overexpecting here. 

We are not improving in Rowing at World level. 

And Judo? When do we give them a opportunity? The federation is not good and improvements are required. I wasn't sure about future of Judo but that changed when I first watched Thangjam Tababi Devi, silver medallist from Youth Olympics 2018 at just 16, India's first ever global judo medallist. 

.,  Kavinder wins in Boxing.......  Sourabh wins Vietnam open men's singles,  Lakshya wins belgium open the.....  Greco still not great news.....   2 did not win their first bout.....  Ravi in 97 won a bout ( and finished in the road of 16)  

Edited by nitinsanker

strength does not come from physical capacity but from an indomitable will. - Gandhi