website statistics

India National Thread

gvaisakh

4 hours ago, Prashanth said:

I am updating the people close to qualification and in qualification position. Saina is in no position to qualify unless she has outstanding 2020 season.

Unless she misses a significant portion of the remaining season due to injury, she will qualify easily. In fact, I am pretty sure she would be seeded among top 8 at Olympics. 

Just now, sanjaydas said:

It seems Badminton is a hopeless case. We will have to shift focus to Wrestling and Hockey for this month.

Are you kidding me? Sindhu just won WS title at World Championships. Sai Praneeth won Bronze. Satwik/Chirag won Thailand Open just last month. We had bad 12-18 months in Badminton but past 1 month has been amazing. 

14 hours ago, sanjaydas said:

I was talking about qualification to the Olympics. According to Prashant's data, only Sindhu is the one who has any semblance of going far.

Earth to Sanjay ....... bro are you in a reality warp.........do look at the rankings and the criteria for qualification ....... surely we will have 2 qualifiers ( the only variable is injury to Saina- if it gets worse she may miss out ) in both Mens and Womens singles .... and most likely in all 3 doubles 

Edited by nitinsanker

strength does not come from physical capacity but from an indomitable will. - Gandhi

Indias Boxing world championship squad 

Panghal (52kg)  Kavinder Singh Bisht (57kg), Manish Kaushik (63kg), Duryodhan Singh Negi (69kg), Ashish Kumar (75kg), Brijesh Yadav (81kg), Sanjeet (91kg), and Satish Kumar (+91kg)

strength does not come from physical capacity but from an indomitable will. - Gandhi

The mens team is fairly new look ..................  except Amit who is both an asian games and asian championship medallist 

kavinder was a quarter finallist in the last world championship so there is some pedigree ................... and satish is still going strong .......... but the rest are fairly new so definitely this is probably a good sign 

3 hours ago, nitinsanker said:

Earth to Sanjay ....... bro are you in a reality warp.........do look at the rankings and the criteria for qualification ....... surely we will have 2 qualifiers ( the only variable is injury to Saina- if it gets worse she may miss out ) in both Mens and Womens singles .... and most likely in all 3 doubles 

I am having no clue about the qualification. The Notional Ranking shows lots of players. But the BWF Ranking to Rio shows only Sindhu as the best bet. Our very own Prashant bhai is also saying the same. Hence I have logged off from Badminton for the time being.

Just now, nitinsanker said:

Indias Boxing world championship squad 

Panghal (52kg)  Kavinder Singh Bisht (57kg), Manish Kaushik (63kg), Duryodhan Singh Negi (69kg), Ashish Kumar (75kg), Brijesh Yadav (81kg), Sanjeet (91kg), and Satish Kumar (+91kg)

No Gaurav Bhidhuri, Shiva Thapa and Sumit Sangwan. No qualifications for sure.