gvaisakh

Badminton qualification to Tokyo

Estimate of points required

WS: 52000

MS: 54000

MD: 48000

WD: 42500

XD: 43000

MS: Prannoy-3850(1), Sai Praneet-2750(1)

WS: Saina-1670(1)

MD: Sathwik/ Chirag-4000(1), Manu/Sumit-2750(1)

WD: Ashwini/Sikki-1670(1)

XD: 

4 hours ago, Shravan Kumar said:

XD: 

Keep up the good work, Keep tracking it and post it has it happens. The update for the Olympic qualification ranking in badminton is given to you....

Edited by Prashanth

Tokyo - 2020

Go India Go

5 hours ago, Shravan Kumar said:

XD: 

Don't know the method you have used but by my calculations, we have a pair in all three doubles who are in qualification place. Also, Saina is safe and it would require a really bad season for her to drop out of top 16 in rankings. 

17 minutes ago, Dolby said:

Don't know the method you have used but by my calculations, we have a pair in all three doubles who are in qualification place. Also, Saina is safe and it would require a really bad season for her to drop out of top 16 in rankings. 

Its there in the BWF website you can follow there...There is a separate rankings provided.

Tokyo - 2020

Go India Go

33 minutes ago, Dolby said:

These are available at bwf website. In mixed doubles no significant pair has participated in the qualification period until now. Saina Nehwal is in safe position according to current ranking but an injury could derail anyone. 

Sindhu and Srikant have not participated in qualification period.

Just now, Shravan Kumar said:

These are available at bwf website. In mixed doubles no significant pair has participated in the qualification period until now. Saina Nehwal is in safe position according to current ranking but an injury could derail anyone. 

Sindhu and Srikant have not participated in qualification period.

My bad. I thought you were using World rankings and not race to Tokyo rankings. 

On 05/05/2019 at 20:58, sameerph said:

Just a few points from your wrestling predictions-

I feel Ravi or Sandeep Tomar have better chances to qualify than Amit Dhankar/ Sushil im 74 kgs. Ravi is pretty good, lost a very close one for bronze at Asian champs against a world medalist. He can be a surprise package.

Vinesh has confirmed that she will remain in 53 kgs. It is very difficult for her to cut her weight at every tournament now. She will take some time to adjust to the new category. Will know till world champions where she stands.

As for medals at Tokyo, Bajrang and Vinesh seem to be only real medal hopes with outside chance for Pooja Dhanda and Sakshi Malik if they get lucky with the draw.

If vinesh stays at 53 which i also feel is likely then the 50 kg seems to be wide open ...... ritu phogat would have been the best but she has announced she has quit wrestling ..... i am not sure that we have any good 50kg wrestler in women ..... any body has any suggestions ? - hate to leave it blank ... yes ravi would be my choice but in the asian champs he wrestled at a higher weight category so am not sure ........ depak punia in the free and sunil in the greco are really good ..... age 18 and 19 respectively ....so may find it tough due age and inexperience.............. i watched the final bout of sunil with the iranian he was so very good ..... could have won but for small technical issues ......... would love to see sajjan also come up .....  very unfortunely he is in the same weight as gurjeet which is a pity as gurjeet was possibly our best in greco..... sandeep has been bad for the last couple of so i think ravi is our best bet ...... 

On 05/05/2019 at 20:59, sanjaydas said:

Yes, Nitin. Agreed in Wrestling. Now shooting we have 5. Last time we had 12. 7 to go.

Boxing is yet to be confirmed in Tokyo. So let's keep it out.

Thanks will post soon on the shooting also 

strength does not come from physical capacity but from an indomitable will. - Gandhi