website statistics

India National Thread

gvaisakh

ISSF World Cup # 4 - Beijing - Day 5 (27th April 2019) Results

Men's 10m Air Pistol

Qualification (Top 8 qualifies for knockout round)

• Abhishek Verma - 4th - 585-19x
  • Shahzar Rizvi - 32nd - 576-22x
  • Arjun Singh Cheema - 54th - 571-18x
  • 8th place - 582-23x

Final

• Abhishek Verma wins gold. He took the lead in the 1st series and never looked back. He also won India's 5th Olympic quota

Women's 50m Rofle 3 Positions

Elimination

• Gaayathri Nithyanandam - 23rd - 1167-58x - Qualifies for tomorrow's qualifiers
  • Kajal Saini - 51st - 1157-50x - Qualifies for tomorrow's qualifiers
  • Sunidhi Chauhan - 55th - 1156-53x - Qualifies for tomorrow's qualifiers

Women's 25m Rapid Fire Pistol

Qualification Precision Stage

• Manu Bhaker - 14th - 291-11x
  • Rahi Sarnobat - 29th - 288-9x
  • Chinki Yadav - 57th - 284-6x

:IND leads the medals table with 3 gold & 1 silver 

Asian Wrestling Championship 2019 - Day 5 (27th April 2019) Results

Men's Greco Roman

• 55kg - Manjeet lost in QF and did not qualify for repechage
  • 63kg - Krushnath Kurade lost in QF and did not qualify for repechage
  • 77kg - Gurpreet Singh wins silver
  • 87kg - Sunil Kumar wins silver
  • 130kg - Prem lost in the bronze medal match

Greco Roman - 2 silver

Total - 14 medals (1 Gold, 5 Silver, 8 Bronze) - 5th place

overall in the major events this week we seem to have done well - this is a good start to  the olympic qualification season

ISSF world cup  3-1-0 and leading the pack at least for this event 

Asian wrestling championship 1-6-9 and I think we did very well especially in greco and freestyle ...... we were in the top bracket at least in the overall medal tally 

Asian Boxing 2-4-7 and especially well across the board ...... This despite Vikas and Mary kom not being there ........ we lead on total medals 

especially nice to see Shiva back , kavinder fought brilliantly .

I think fine tuning 

strength does not come from physical capacity but from an indomitable will. - Gandhi

1 hour ago, nitinsanker said:

overall in the major events this week we seem to have done well - this is a good start to  the olympic qualification season

ISSF world cup  3-1-0 and leading the pack at least for this event 

Asian wrestling championship 1-6-9 and I think we did very well especially in greco and freestyle ...... we were in the top bracket at least in the overall medal tally 

Asian Boxing 2-4-7 and especially well across the board ...... This despite Vikas and Mary kom not being there ........ we lead on total medals 

especially nice to see Shiva back , kavinder fought brilliantly .

I think fine tuning 

Wrestling was disappointing.. Anyhow Greco-Roman competition is very weak in Asia as compared to Denmark, Serbia, Armenia, Russia and Hungary.. Vinesh took a wrong choice to jump up to 53kgs...

Weightlifting was quite good for Chanu even though we know only 1 hope.. Just hoping Chinese don't participate in 49kg category at Olympics.. Maybe 55 64 and - 87 are sure events for Chinese women.. Should be a straight fight between 49kg lifter and 87kg+ who won by 8kgs and 17kgs gap here respectively. Yet the choice will be clear only after world championship with world record holder Tatiana Kashirina in +87, still a favorite.. 

12 minutes ago, Fly_like_a_don said:

The thread is quite old and is being used from 2016 Rio Olympics. It should be closed and a new tokyo 2020 thread should be started. 

That's not necessary because new posts will still be in the last pages, which are the ones users read regularly ;)

18 hours ago, Fly_like_a_don said:

Wrestling was disappointing.. Anyhow Greco-Roman competition is very weak in Asia as compared to Denmark, Serbia, Armenia, Russia and Hungary.. Vinesh took a wrong choice to jump up to 53kgs...

Weightlifting was quite good for Chanu even though we know only 1 hope.. Just hoping Chinese don't participate in 49kg category at Olympics.. Maybe 55 64 and - 87 are sure events for Chinese women.. Should be a straight fight between 49kg lifter and 87kg+ who won by 8kgs and 17kgs gap here respectively. Yet the choice will be clear only after world championship with world record holder Tatiana Kashirina in +87, still a favorite.. 

well for the last 5 asian wrestling events( between 2014-2018 )  we have got between 5-10 medals at the asian wrestling  event ........   in 2018 we got just 8 medals            This time we got 16 ....... the best we have ever done ...... well I cannot comment for you but for me that is a great achievement ......

Greco this is the best we have ever done by far in Asia in Greco - last year we got just 2 medals ..... this year we got 4 medals (and 3 silvers ) so again this is a good achievement ...I think the team did really well ...I would like to see Sajjan come into the squad but he is in 77 kgs so Gurjeet did very well ....... also possibly vijay from the juniors .............. are only real weakness then will be in the super heavy 

freestyle was brilliant  1G, 3S and 4B..I am glad we have some really good new names .... deepak punia has come up from the juniors and vicky is also very young..... both did brilliantly for their first championship ..... also satyawrats return after 4 years is again great news ....... with Bajrang and rahul and sumit , I feel we have a strong team ....... I think sandeep tomar was the only person who may have to fight to get into this high profile team and I do not know what sushil will do ? ........but freestyle team looks good for the world champs and I feel they may do well ......... possibly with only these two  changes ...............

Women was the only area I felt a little disappointed .......last year we had 1G , 1S and  2B .....from there to get 4B was disappointing ..... to be fair vinesh and Divya were returning from injuring and ritu leaving wrestling so the team was a bit unstable but still I expected better from Navjot , Pooja  and possibly some new names in the higher wieght categories  ,,,,,, also i agree vinesh should be in 50 kgs and not 53

strength does not come from physical capacity but from an indomitable will. - Gandhi

3 hours ago, nitinsanker said:

well for the last 5 asian wrestling events( between 2014-2018 )  we have got between 5-10 medals at the asian wrestling  event ........   in 2018 we got just 8 medals            This time we got 16 ....... the best we have ever done ...... well I cannot comment for you but for me that is a great achievement ......

Greco this is the best we have ever done by far in Asia in Greco - last year we got just 2 medals ..... this year we got 4 medals (and 3 silvers ) so again this is a good achievement ...I think the team did really well ...I would like to see Sajjan come into the squad but he is in 77 kgs so Gurjeet did very well ....... also possibly vijay from the juniors .............. are only real weakness then will be in the super heavy 

freestyle was brilliant  1G, 3S and 4B..I am glad we have some really good new names .... deepak punia has come up from the juniors and vicky is also very young..... both did brilliantly for their first championship ..... also satyawrats return after 4 years is again great news ....... with Bajrang and rahul and sumit , I feel we have a strong team ....... I think sandeep tomar was the only person who may have to fight to get into this high profile team and I do not know what sushil will do ? ........but freestyle team looks good for the world champs and I feel they may do well ......... possibly with only these two  changes ...............

Women was the only area I felt a little disappointed .......last year we had 1G , 1S and  2B .....from there to get 4B was disappointing ..... to be fair vinesh and Divya were returning from injuring and ritu leaving wrestling so the team was a bit unstable but still I expected better from Navjot , Pooja  and possibly some new names in the higher wieght categories  ,,,,,, also i agree vinesh should be in 50 kgs and not 53

The world championship will decide everything though..