website statistics

India National Thread

gvaisakh

7 minutes ago, Prakash said:

Poor show in Badminton continues..Srikanth lost in first round..:cry:

What poor show? Before Srikanth, the only matches we lost were to higher ranked opponents, matches we were not supposed to win. Even in those matches, our mixed doubles pair put up a brave fight. Even in team event, we lost to much better teams. Though Saina and Rankireddy/Shetty lost their matches, it was not a poor show but instead very creditable performance against players in form. Regarding Srikanth's loss in team event, Ginting Anthony is not a pushover. He stretched in-form Momota to three games in Semis and was neck and neck with World no.2 Shi in the final before injury forced him to retire. 

Srikanth's loss today and Sindhu's scare yesterday are demoralising but we need to be more objective in evaluating the performance. 

12 minutes ago, Dolby said:

What poor show? Before Srikanth, the only matches we lost were to higher ranked opponents, matches we were not supposed to win. Even in those matches, our mixed doubles pair put up a brave fight. Even in team event, we lost to much better teams. Though Saina and Rankireddy/Shetty lost their matches, it was not a poor show but instead very creditable performance against players in form. Regarding Srikanth's loss in team event, Ginting Anthony is not a pushover. He stretched in-form Momota to three games in Semis and was neck and neck with World no.2 Shi in the final before injury forced him to retire. 

Srikanth's loss today and Sindhu's scare yesterday are demoralising but we need to be more objective in evaluating the performance. 

matches we were not supposed to win....?? Sorry, I thought we improved lot and it's time to beat heavy weights....Yes, now I understood I'm not more objective...sorry for that..