website statistics

India National Thread

gvaisakh

Rio Archery Teams selected after trials in Bangalore...as per tweets from Viren Rasquinha.

Women - Deepkia, Bombayala, Majhi

Men - Talukdar, Champia, Atanu Das - of course they need to qualify at the Turkey world cup in order to go to Rio...

22 minutes ago, kapil857 said:

Rio Archery Teams selected after trials in Bangalore...as per tweets from Viren Rasquinha.

Women - Deepkia, Bombayala, Majhi

Men - Talukdar, Champia, Atanu Das - of course they need to qualify at the Turkey world cup in order to go to Rio...

Saw the Facebook post of Archery Association, Its the team confirmed for Olympics..

Tokyo - 2020

Go India Go

Why narsingh yadav has an issue with a fight against Sushil Kumar.. Let the best go.. We are a medal starved nation and we can't afford to ignore sushil Kumar who won consecutive medals in Olympics... 

3 minutes ago, shrikant said:

Why narsingh yadav has an issue with a fight against Sushil Kumar.. Let the best go.. We are a medal starved nation and we can't afford to ignore sushil Kumar who won consecutive medals in Olympics... 

Even I agree with this.... If Narsingh is sent and he doesnt win a medal... then everyone will be harsh on him

But if a trial is conducted... we will know the best wrestler has gone to RIo... and since other wrestlers are almost sure they can conduct trials and see their progress

On 3/7/2016 at 11:42, gvaisakh said:

EVENTS TO FOLLOW THIS WEEK (May 9 to May 15)

RIO QUALIFICATION

Beach Volleyball - 2014-16 AVC Continental Cup Semifinal, Thailand - May 12-14

Tennis - Internazionali BNL d'Italia, Rome - May 9-15

Tennis - ATP Challenger, Seoul - May 9-15

RIO PREPARATION

Athletics - IAAF Diamond League, Shanghai - May 14

NON RIO EVENTS

Archery - World Cup Stage 2, Medellin - May 11-15

gv looking forward to see the events for this week .............looks like an active week 

world womens boxing is a big event for india starting a couple of days 

I saw something in the thread about duttee competing in some events , we also have the world athletics challenge starting in shanghai this week 18th 

tirtha had mentioned  in his posts  that dutee was competing 

Beijing (IAAF World Challenge on May 18) and Taiwan (May 19-20)

also I think the ATP event starts in rome  which is critical for lee and rohan to improve their rankings ......I am sure may be missing a few 

Edited by nitinsanker

strength does not come from physical capacity but from an indomitable will. - Gandhi