website statistics

Short Track Speed Skating ISU European Championships 2018

Totallympics

Italian party in Dresden...:champion:

Valcepina dominating both 1500m and 500m, this last distance ahead of our Pyeongchang flagbearer Arianna Fontana...

not so good the things are going for the men's team...but this is well expected...

Edited by phelps

Women's 1500m, Final Results

Gold: Martina Valcepina (ITA)

Silver: Yara Van Kerkhof (NED)

Bronze: Sara Luca Bacskai (HUN)

Men's 1500m, Final Results

Gold: Sjinkie Knegt (NED)

Silver: Semen Elistratov (RUS)

Bronze: Vladislav Bykanov (ISR)

Women's 500m, Final Results

Gold: Martina Valcepina (ITA)

Silver: Arianna Fontana (ITA)

Bronze: Sofia Prosvirnova (RUS)

Men's 500m, Final Results

Gold: Sjinkie Knegt (NED)

Silver: Victor An (RUS)

Bronze: Sebastien Lepape (FRA)

Provisional Overall Classification (after 2/4 events)

1st, Martina Valcepina (ITA) 68 Pts

2nd, Arianna Fontana (ITA) 29 Pts

3rd, Yara Van Kerkhof (NED) 24 Pts

Provisional Overall Classification (after 2/4 events)

1st, Sjinkie Knegt (NED) 68 Pts

2nd, Semen Elistratov (RUS) 21 Pts

3rd, Victor An (RUS) 21 Pts

Seems that our top skater was too bummed out for not managing to qualify to the Olympics and decided to skip the event. We've only sent our single kid to get some experience, but as expected, he didn't qualify from any heat in all three competitions :)

and it looked too good to be true...something stupid had to happen for us...

and here we go with our girls throwing away an easy Gold in the Relay competition after falling down in the semifinals when we were comfortably on the way of tomorrow's big final...:facepalm::wall:

so, Germany get the benefit of our mistake and skate through to the final act together with Hungary...

vor 40 Minuten schrieb phelps:

and it looked too good to be true...something stupid had to happen for us...

and here we go with our girls throwing away an easy Gold in the Relay competition after falling down in the semifinals when we were comfortably on the way of tomorrow's big final...:facepalm::wall:

so, Germany get the benefit of our mistake and skate through to the final act together with Hungary...

You seem upset ...

Surprised to see that someone can get that emotional for short track european championships ...

More importantly: Anna Seidl is completely stalling, what a shame, i had such high hopes for her ...

Attachment is the great fabricator of illusions; reality can be obtained only by someone who is detached.

1 hour ago, OlympicsFan said:

You seem upset ...

Surprised to see that someone can get that emotional for short track european championships ...

More importantly: Anna Seidl is completely stalling, what a shame, i had such high hopes for her ...

no, not upset...

but a bit disappointed, yes...

you know, short track is one of my favourite winter sports and I always hope that our skaters can do well...

and since I was watching the races (on the Hungarian TV :yikes::facepalm:), I was surprised by that bad mistake by our girls, who, as I wrote, didn't need to make anything extravagant to keep their position and skate through to the final race...

just that...

p.s. however, short track is a wonderful sport...and it's difficult not to get involved when watching it (and it doesn't matter if it's the Europeans or the Olympics or even a small caliber race)...:d;)

1 minute ago, phelps said:

no, not upset...

but a bit disappointed, yes...

you know, short track is one of my favourite winter sports and I always hope that our skaters can do well...

and since I was watching the races (on the Hungarian TV :yikes::facepalm:), I was surprised by that bad mistake by our girls, who, as I wrote, didn't need to make anything extravagant to keep their position and skate through to the final race...

just that...

p.s. however, short track is a wonderful sport...and it's difficult not to get involved when watching it (and it doesn't matter if it's the Europeans or the Olympics or even a small caliber race)...:d;)

On the Hungarian TV? You will see the European championship on RAI, whit 1-2 week of delay :lol::facepalm:

21 minutes ago, Gianlu33 said:

On the Hungarian TV? You will see the European championship on RAI, whit 1-2 week of delay :lol::facepalm:

I don't watch rai channels even if they pay me to do it...:evil::whistle:

by the way, today we are lucky..they're broadcasting the Short Track Europeans right now...tomorrow instead it's gonna be just somethinmg more usual by them...I think they will show them after midnight...