website statistics

Winter Olympic Games 2018 Official Day By Day Schedule

6 hours ago, phelps said:

being in Italy, of course I can't have access to the British Apps features...I can watch only the sat channels (I did enjoy so much the 8 BBC HD channels during the Rio Games...they were my primary source for watching the Olympic events normally ignored by the Italian TV)...

p.s. I don't recommend the Italian colour buttons' features to anybody...:facepalm:

I hope the Eurosport Player would do most of the job this time (but frankly I don't like its not so good picture quality...it's just a 720p stream with relatively low bitrate for my taste...I'm used to HDTV and/or Amazon/Netflix/US Sports Services' standard..so, you can imagine what's my opinion on this kind of things)...

BBC doesn't even have full rights any more. I ordered Eurosport for one month and then immediately cancelled, so I get the Games for 99p.

As now we come across the world
To share these Games of old
Let all the flags of every land
In brotherhood unfold

1 hour ago, dcro said:

What kind of work exactly? :p

I have already done that during Rio 2016, I will be an editorial support for the team who is producing daily highlights.

Most of them are great in their job or producing videos but do not know if Biathlon is a sport or a food or if Skeleton is also something else apart a group of bones :d

4 hours ago, Mkbw50 said:

BBC doesn't even have full rights any more. I ordered Eurosport for one month and then immediately cancelled, so I get the Games for 99p.

I know...

and this will hurt me mainly for the Summer Olympics...:cry::facepalm:

however, I can watch Eurosport1 & 2 on TV (Sky ITA) and I have also a 12-month Eusp Player subscription (I agreed to a special offer when they acquired the Italian and Euroleague basketball media rights...15€ for a full year, which is pretty cheap, I guess)...

2 hours ago, phelps said:

I know...

and this will hurt me mainly for the Summer Olympics...:cry::facepalm:

however, I can watch Eurosport1 & 2 on TV (Sky ITA) and I have also a 12-month Eusp Player subscription (I agreed to a special offer when they acquired the Italian and Euroleague basketball media rights...15€ for a full year, which is pretty cheap, I guess)...

Eurosport here are doing £6.99/month, and 99p for the first month.

As now we come across the world
To share these Games of old
Let all the flags of every land
In brotherhood unfold

I just want to let you know the unbelievable farce going on in Italy...

in our Country, as in almost any European Nation, Discovery Media (Eurosport) has bought the main set of TV rights of the Olympic Games...

normally, we have 3 ways to follow Eurosport...on the Digital Terrestrial TV as part of the Mediaset Premium Pay-TV offer (less than 2 million subscribers), on satellite TV (main package of Sky Italia Pay-TV, 4.7 million subs) or online (their Eurosport Player, just a few subs, slightly over 100,000)...

well, last night, when the Games were to start, we all discovered that sky ITA's sat channels were not to broadcast the Games...and only today in the afternoon came out that there won't be any sat broadcast of the Games because Discovery asked for more money to show the "Olympic package"...:yikes::facepalm::wall:

so, in the year 2018, in Italy we won't be able to watch the most part of the Olympic Games in high definition (on Mediaset Premium the Eurosport 1 & 2 channels are only in SD...their Player you all know how poor in terms of picture quality is)...

now many people are going crazy because of that, especially because nobody expected anything similar (and nobody - not sky ITA nor Eurosport - did announce anything in the past days)...

and so, most Italians have to be satisfied with the very limited offer of our public broadcaster (RAI), which, among other things, can't even show a single second of Ice Hockey, Curling, Nordic Combined and Skeleton events because of the agreement with Discovery Group...

sometimes I'm really ashamed of being Italian, of living in this fuc*in' place...:facepalm::wall::thumbdown:

Edited by phelps

3 hours ago, phelps said:

their Player you all know how poor in terms of picture quality is)...

I guess it's different in Italy, since it's very good here. Plus it's absolutely dirt cheap in February, so even though many people here like to complain about ES and the player, it works absolutely perfect (at least here it does).

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!