website statistics

Tennis Australian Open 2018

Sindo

Halep facing Wozniacki in the final is probably the only way that one of them will ever win a slam, but who knows ...

On paper it looks as if one of them is safe to win, but crazier things have happened.

Kerber playing her 500th match this month clearly got to her, looked like a zombie out there. Halep not winning it in 2 says a lot about her mentality.

Attachment is the great fabricator of illusions; reality can be obtained only by someone who is detached.

Federer winning another slam would be boring, but Cilic winning his 2nd would be worse. The thought of Cilic having more slams than Del Potro, Ferrero, Chang, Noah or Moya and the same number of slams as Stan Smith, Bruguera, Hewitt, Rafter, Safin or Kafelnikov is shocking. He would also be only 1 slam behind Guga Kuerten and especially Arthur Ashe! Federer is a man who knows how important those legends are, so he wont let that happen ... although the thought of Chung playing a slam final is very appealing too.

Edited by OlympicsFan

Attachment is the great fabricator of illusions; reality can be obtained only by someone who is detached.

Underdogs and players coming from no where winning matches and reaching much far points in GS didn't happen now , but it happens from many years and it won't end , some of these players even went to the final and win it all , for example Gaston Gaudio in RG 2004 who won the whole tournament and many others . having only 5 players that are always existing in finals made the sport somehow boring , Tennis needs new names like Chung , Anderson , Sandgreen , Edmund and others to take place in grand slams final rounds , surprises can take part it's not a problem I see ! 

I am really not a fan of Halep. But I have to admit, she won over Kerber and her own demons. First - I was pleased to watch her playing offensive tennis. she played great third set and definitely was the better player today. Even then, Angie had match points. Saving MP in R3 and now SF should be huge confidence booster and I really hope she can finally win a slam. 

Woz also learned that to win a slam, you have be more offensive player. She's been playing more aggressively lately which brought her so many finals last year, YEC title and now another GS final. She had quite easy draw to be honest and in the final against Halep it may be also advantage, given the number of hours both spent on court.

Difficult to predict the winner. Halep plays better, but this will be mental battle much more I am afraid. I'll cheer for Simona. I like her tennis more.

On the men's side - Edmund seemed to be bothered with some injury. After Halep-Kerber match, this one was quite anticlimactic. Cilic must play much better in the final if he is to beat Federer. I would love to see Chung in the final, but let's be realistic :d 

25 minutes ago, thepharoah said:

Underdogs and players coming from no where winning matches and reaching much far points in GS didn't happen now , but it happens from many years and it won't end , some of these players even went to the final and win it all , for example Gaston Gaudio in RG 2004 who won the whole tournament and many others . having only 5 players that are always existing in finals made the sport somehow boring , Tennis needs new names like Chung , Anderson , Sandgreen , Edmund and others to take place in grand slams final rounds , surprises can take part it's not a problem I see ! 

I agree for Chung and Edmund, but Sandgren really has no business playing GS semifinals :d 

Still waiting for Zverev's GS breakthrough. It is getting frustrating for him now after all the success on the Tour and still without even GS QF. Also, Kyrgios was really unlucky witht the draw.