website statistics

International Olympic Committee News

George_D

• 4 months later...

This is an absolutely brilliant Twitter account, anyone with an interest in the (history of) the (Winter) Olympics should be following this:

https://twitter.com/Chamonix1924

Basically, they're tweeting the preparations and I suppose later the competitions of the very first Winter Olympics, Chamonix 1924, 'as it happens'. Definitely a nice way to kill the wait towards the Pyeongchang Olympics, almost a full century later :) 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

Some first breaking news is that the ban of the war-loving Germans is causing protests. Our speed skaters aren't going, so we can say goodbye to the medal table. Damn it.

I had hoped for some surprises, but then again, the times of Coen de Koning and Jaap Eden are already almost 20 years behind us. I mean, De Koning already posted a 9:16 5000m in 1906 and just two years ago at our national championships, nobody even got close to breaking the 10 minute barrier (which you'll definitely need to have any hopes of beating the mighty Finns and Nowegians). 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

The French bobsleigh trials turned out to be a close affair, but Legrand and his team managed to sneak away with the win by a tight 27 seconds! Apparently André Berg didn't compete, which is odd, since he should be much better..

Edited by heywoodu

Excellent, but it doesn't look like we'll see any NHL players, I guess their president is much too focussed on the money or something. Also, there are no American NHL teams, so that doesn't help. Toronto Granites is going to represent Canada according to rumours, because the Toronto St Patricks want to play the NHL. 

3 hours ago, dcro said:

:(

Damn...I remember last year he battled with Harald Strøm for the win in the 10k at the allround championships. Such a memorable race, both managed to get under 18 minutes :bowdown: