website statistics

National & International Sports Awards

konig

Just now, heywoodu said:

Matej Toth walking to 50k gold in yet another epic race, Cheick Allah Cissé's epic taekwondo gold by kicking some British dude in the face in literally the last second, awesome taekwondo medal for Niger, Al-Rashidi's trap shooting medal, an eternity after his world titles, Mijain Lopez' epic gold by destroying some Turkish dude in the final....I remember plenty :d 

So, only 5 events. :coffee:

#banbestmen

Just now, heywoodu said:

Matej Toth walking to 50k gold in yet another epic race, Cheick Allah Cissé's epic taekwondo gold by kicking some British dude in the face in literally the last second, awesome taekwondo medal for Niger, Al-Rashidi's trap shooting medal, an eternity after his world titles, Mijain Lopez' epic gold by destroying some Turkish dude in the final....I remember plenty :d 

Al-Rashidi won bronze in skeet, mate. The Double Trap gold was won by Al-Deehani ! our friend dcro will surely say you that the trap gold was won once agian by :CRO this time Glasnovic :d

Just now, dcro said:

So, only 5 events. :coffee:

I have been watching non-stop sports and writing about them for the past 15 hours, I am not feeling like writing down every single moment I remember anymore because my fingers hurt :p 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

23 minutes ago, Agger said:

Thought you were a proper Olympics nerd and yet you don't recognize 3 Olympic Medalists (Emma Aastrand and Rytter Juhl/Pedersen)... I'm disappointed! ;)

Dufour is one of the top dressage riders, Helle Frederiksen long distance triathlete, Maja Alm one of the top orienteerers (but trying to qualify for the Olympics on the 5000m) and Stinna Tange is World Champion in para-dressage.

Mana Alm is a beast. She deserves to win

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

Just now, Agger said:

I doubt that she will. She surely deserves the nomination, but orienteering is too small for me to believe that she will get the win.

She makes the other competitors look like there standing still though...

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

1 hour ago, Dragon said:

So how are you with the nominees for the Welsh Sports Person of the Year? ;)

Gareth Bale 

Elinor Barker 

Laura Deas 

Menna Fitzpatrick

Geraint Thomas 

Mark Williams 

I’m a little sad that Lewis Oliva didn’t make the list. He’s the one Welsh athlete that stood out to me this year.

We had our first ever Indonesian Sports Awards on Friday. Basically most of the awards are useless since it is based on popular vote and used the priority of Football > Badminton > Some Memorable/Viral Athletes > I don't know who they are.

Here are the winner of non-vote awards:

Athlete of the Year: Kevin Sanjaya Sukamuljo/Marcus Fernaldi Gideon (Badminton)

Young Athlete of the Year: Lalu Muhammad Zohri (Athletics)

Coach of the Year: Herry Iman Pierngadi (Badminton, the coach of athlete of the year :p )

Sport Club/Institution of the Year: PB Djarum Badminton Club (Kevin Sanjaya's club :p)

Lifetime Achievement Award: Christian Hadinata (Badminton)