website statistics

[OFF TOPIC] Politics Thread

Wanderer

3 minutes ago, Maxim Fastovsky said:

we're fucking americans, this is our fucking life. Actually it took me quite a while to stop saying fuck in front of the kids once they got older, it still slips out once in a while

I just don’t care to be quite honest. To me, people are too uptight about language, but I honestly try to refrain from using it on the forum. It slips out when I get argumentative around here. The user above is just a piece of work that gets on nerves though.

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

23 minutes ago, Olympian1010 said:

@intoronto point was fair, and so I listened.

I think the fact you think this forum is left-leaning is quite hilarious. I’m pretty sure it’s quite the opposite.

I think most people are not extremely to the left as you. Anything that goes against you seems to be automatically considered as "right". It isn't

Edited by intoronto

2 minutes ago, intoronto said:

I think most people are not extremely to the left as you. Anything that goes against you seems to be automatically considered as "right". It isn't

I actually hear that a lot, progressives consider moderates as right wing and conservatives as far right

6 minutes ago, Olympian1010 said:

I just don’t care to be quite honest. To me, people are too uptight about language, but I honestly try to refrain from using it on the forum. It slips out when I get argumentative around here. The user above is just a piece of work that gets on nerves though.

I don't mind it at all. I use it here, among friends too, a lot. But not around kids

6 minutes ago, intoronto said:

Yeah, I need to tone down my bias. It’s a consequence of staying online too long. I really do need to work on it.

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

1 minute ago, Maxim Fastovsky said:

I actually hear that a lot, progressives consider moderates as right wing and conservatives as far right

Yes, this is generally true from what I’ve seen/heard as well.

1 minute ago, Maxim Fastovsky said:

I don't mind it at all. I use it here, among friends too, a lot. But not around kids

Yeah, I try not to use it around kids under 12. They’ve already heard it, and probably use it by then anyways.

Just now, Maxim Fastovsky said:

Mine are in first grade, if they say fuck in school i get a bad phone call

Could be worse. My mom got a phone call because a started a club in the cubbies in 6th grade where we’d drop heavy ass textbooks on each other for “fun”. I miss my cubby cult :(

I think my defining moments in school discipline were that, paper football in 1st grade, and smashing Cheese-It’s into the carpet in third grade. I guess you could me getting stabbed with a pencil, and then told I deserved it too the list as well.

I was a bad kid, but a great student. That’s probably the only reason I made it though K-8. I had something like 15 detentions, and 3 suspensions. I only had one disciplinary action against me in high school, and it was for shoving tinfoil in a kids face after he throw it at me. 

@KingOfTheRhinos Have you heard of this channel? I can’t stop watching their videos. Satire to perfection.