website statistics

[OFF TOPIC] Politics Thread

Wanderer

20% of the vote in, and Bernie holds the lead. Him, Buttigieg, and Klobuchar are competing for the win tonight. Absolutely abysmal performances from Warren and Biden. Steyer doing terrible, but better than expected :p

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

Warren/Biden will not receive any delegates from New Hampshire :yikes:. Two weeks ago I would have called that heresy.

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

2 hours ago, intoronto said:

No offence, but a lot of us probably don't need to be reading/care about live updates on US politics.

Could not agree more.

The real problem here is that only one political viewpoint is endlessly published here and anyone who doesn't subscribe to this position is constantly disaproved of 

I thought this was a sports site .Whilst sometimes there is a political element to sports issues the sport should always come first and the politics spoken of only when directly relevant

3 minutes ago, rajiv said:

Could not agree more.

The real problem here is that only one political viewpoint is endlessly published here and anyone who doesn't subscribe to this position is constantly disaproved of 

I thought this was a sports site .Whilst sometimes there is a political element to sports issues the sport should always come first and the politics spoken of only when directly relevant

@intoronto point was fair, and so I listened.

It’s not my fault that I’m politically active. Yes, I should post about it less on here, but I like to hear other people’s perspectives from outside it all. I myself, find the American elections quite relevant considering it’s impacts on foreign policy (and things such as athlete visas), but that’s a personal opinion I suppose. I think the fact you think this forum is left-leaning is quite hilarious. I’m pretty sure it’s quite the opposite.

I also love that you post talking about me only pushing one constant viewpoint, when your comments are always completely fucking insane, and often very far-fetched.

9 minutes ago, Olympian1010 said:

@intoronto point was fair, and so I listened.

It’s not my fault that I’m politically active. Yes, I should post about it less on here, but I like to hear other people’s perspectives from outside it all. I myself, find the American elections quite relevant considering it’s impacts on foreign policy (and things such as athlete visas), but that’s a personal opinion I suppose. I think the fact you think this forum is left-leaning is quite hilarious. I’m pretty sure it’s quite the opposite.

I also love that you post talking about me only pushing one constant viewpoint, when your comments are always completely fucking insane, and often very far-fetched.

I guess it's  impossible for you to write anything without the word "fuck "

2 minutes ago, rajiv said:

I guess it's  impossible for you to write anything without the word "fuck "

Yes, it fucking is.

3 minutes ago, Olympian1010 said:

Yes, it fucking is.

we're fucking americans, this is our fucking life. Actually it took me quite a while to stop saying fuck in front of the kids once they got older, it still slips out once in a while