website statistics

[OFF TOPIC] Politics Thread

Wanderer

4 hours ago, Olympian1010 said:

Or it may have not happened at all if access to guns wasn’t so simple.

It’s all about proliferation.

So let me understand.  You say that people buying guns legally and selling them illegally?

58 minutes ago, Maxim Fastovsky said:

So let me understand.  You say that people buying guns legally and selling them illegally?

Yes/no. That can happen, but it’s more the availability of guns that makes them so easy to acquire. I wouldn’t have to try hard, even in California, to get a gun if I wanted one. I don’t, so I haven’t, but it’s definitely very feasible. 

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

For those of you who don’t know, today is Martin Luther King Jr. Day in the United States. It’s obviously a day celebrated differently by many people. I choose to at least remember Dr. King by reading his “Letter From A Birmingham Jail”. There was one quote in particular that stuck out to me. It reads “Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere.” I feel like this quote applies to so many of today’s political issues. I really made me stop and think. I’m glad that I can say that my political positions, what I fight for, and morals back this quote. 

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

1 hour ago, Olympian1010 said:

Yes/no. That can happen, but it’s more the availability of guns that makes them so easy to acquire. I wouldn’t have to try hard, even in California, to get a gun if I wanted one. I don’t, so I haven’t, but it’s definitely very feasible. 

It's not that easy.  You have to fill out forms.  Have background check.   Its not impossible but not as easy as walking to vons and buying bread

And i doubt anyone will just sell their gun illegally without notifying anyone.  Since if that gun is used for crime.  It will come back to me.  

6 hours ago, bestmen said:

They have even civil militias 

EOu-CrQW4AIC-yi.jpg

This is what these people find normal. They must be high as a kite.

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

The fucking Nazi. Apparently Trump will try to expand his travel ban in a bid reelection :facepalm:
He would like to add: :BLR:KGZ:MYA:NGR:TAN:SUD:ERI