website statistics

[OFF TOPIC] Politics Thread

Wanderer

1 minute ago, Olympian1010 said:

The two biggest struggles in the Democratic primary will be the “black vote” and the “young vote”.

Mirrors what I’ve said. Around 60% generation is far-left. Not many people my age that vote republican, maybe 20-30% at this point. So this is actually a good depiction of the youth vote as a whole.

Given those choices for candidates. I would be torn between Warren, Yang or Bloomberg.

Edited by Olympian1010

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

56 minutes ago, dcro said:

98% of Bougainvilleans said YES to independence. :cheer:

Was rather expected, but a clear result nonetheless. The vote is non-binding. They will now have to negotiate with :PNG for independence. There is no time limit as to how long negotiations can take.

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

Washington Post is reporting that Senate Republicans will try to conduct the Senate Impeachment Trial in about one day. Supposedly they will call zero witnesses, and barely even deliberate the charges. ?

I mean at least call witnesses. Even :PRK and :URS call witnesses to their trials.

4 hours ago, Olympian1010 said:

Washington Post is reporting that Senate Republicans will try to conduct the Senate Impeachment Trial in about one day. Supposedly they will call zero witnesses, and barely even deliberate the charges. ?

I mean at least call witnesses. Even :PRK and :URS call witnesses to their trials.

Can't blame them. The times they called witnesses, the witnesses ended up biting their asses :p 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

Busy day politically, dissolution of the Israeli Parliament, more impeachment news, Greta v. Trump, Algerian election madness, UK election madness. Fun times for people who like politics.