website statistics

[OFF TOPIC] Politics Thread

Wanderer

14 minutes ago, Monzanator said:

Just a bunch of haters. I don't know much about Trudeau outside of the blackface scandal but Macron and Johnson are just morons and liars in Johnson's case :lol:

Macron was unfortunately the best candidate in the French election (much, much, much better than LePen). Trudeau is fine, he’s not done much from my understanding. Johnson’s just as bad as Trump. When Trudeau is the best the big 4 have to offer, things aren’t looking good.

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

47 minutes ago, Olympian1010 said:

Macron was unfortunately the best candidate in the French election (much, much, much better than LePen). Trudeau is fine, he’s not done much from my understanding. Johnson’s just as bad as Trump. When Trudeau is the best the big 4 have to offer, things aren’t looking good.

When politics becomes a family run business things are downright pathetic. The ballyhooed democracy was supposed to banish the family run politics aka monarchy. And then we have someone like Trudeau whose best value is his last name. The more things change the more they stay the same. Power is the ultimate drug.

Sanders had got a lot of people talking by sharing this video tonight:

What I said to @heywoodu earlier this year is true. I don’t worry about natural disasters, freak accidents, gang violence, or car accidents. It’s not likely I’ll die in any of those situations. I’ll die from an OD, gun shot wound (while watching a movie, attending school, shopping, going to a concert), or a trip to the hospital. This country is so, so broken when it comes to our values. I’m beginning to think we don’t even have any. I try not to be fatalistic, but this country man. We top all the wrong lists currently (most people incarcerated, one of the highest homicide rates in a first world country, highest student debt, etc.), and I don’t see it changing in this next decade. We are so incredibly fucked. No one cares, people don’t want to talk about our problems. I don’t get it. If your house is burning down, you don’t just sit there a watch it! You do literally anything to try and save it, or just as much as you can. America is a house on fire, and we’re just letting it burn down around us. 

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

5 minutes ago, Monzanator said:

When politics becomes a family run business things are downright pathetic. The ballyhooed democracy was supposed to banish the family run politics aka monarchy. And then we have someone like Trudeau whose best value is his last name. The more things change the more they stay the same. Power is the ultimate drug.

Funny how that works out. Bushs, Clintons, Roosevelts, Kennedys, etc. You might be right on this one. And now I can only think Don Jr. being president :facepalm:. Thanks for that horrifying thought :p 

4 minutes ago, Olympian1010 said:

Sanders had got a lot of people talking by sharing this video tonight:

What I said to @heywoodu earlier this year is true. I don’t worry about natural disasters, freak accidents, gang violence, or car accidents. It’s not likely I’ll die in any of those situations. I’ll die from an OD, gun shot wound (while watching a movie, attending school, shopping, going to a concert), or a trip to the hospital. This country is so, so broken when it comes to our values. I’m beginning to think we don’t even have any. I try not to be fatalistic, but this country man. We top all the wrong lists currently (most people incarcerated, one of the highest homicide rates in a first world country, highest student debt, etc.), and I don’t see it changing in this next decade. We are so incredibly fucked. No one cares, people don’t want to talk about our problems. I don’t get it. If your house is burning down, you don’t just sit there a watch it! You do literally anything to try and save it, or just as much as you can. America is a house on fire, and we’re just letting it burn down around us. 

Those facts about our healthcare are true by the way. I think I spent somewhere in the range of $5,000 on dental care alone this year (thank god my parents have decent insurance). I know someone who was changed $75 for a Bandaid ?

8 hours ago, Olympian1010 said:

It’s still too early in my opinion. We’re still a few months out from the first primary, and a lot could change. Hopefully Biden says something racist, so my side of the party can win :p

Yang has a cult following. Much like Sanders. Yang will be dangerous.

He'll be as dangerous as your average mosquito: not very. He too would need one of the most bizarre twists and surges ever seen.

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

6 hours ago, Olympian1010 said:

Unfortunately, I agree. I’m afraid the nation is both dumb enough, and lacking a clear good candidate to beat that idiot. I fear what follows.

The same as now, some annoying and dumb stuff, some more shitty stuff, but nothing even close to the idiotic 'civil war!!!1!1!' kind of thing people were shouting before Trump got elected.

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

57 minutes ago, Olympian1010 said:

Funny how that works out. Bushs, Clintons, Roosevelts, Kennedys, etc. You might be right on this one. And now I can only think Don Jr. being president :facepalm:. Thanks for that horrifying thought :p 

Communism was supposed to be about giving power to the people. That's an obvious fraud. Democracy has the monarchy gene stuck to its core and hell, all the names you've mentioned prove it. You can create a mini monarchy to expose how democracy can actually be controlled in authoritarian fashion. Donald Trump might be a jerk but he's pretty honest about himself. He's a member of the lucky sperm club and he's honest enough to say that. There's nothing honest about the Bushes or the Clintons. Nothing! They want to have their family in power, whether state-wide or nation-wide. I'd never vote for these morons.

And Trump has one huge advantage over the rest. He's got enough money to fund his own campaign. Kamala Harris just dropped out of the race because she's got no money. So much for her progressive ideas and all that fancy talk. If you ain't got money and you can't convince people to give you theirs, you're done in the political landscape. Where does the democracy fill in here? The person with the biggest cashbox is supposedly the best candidate or elected President democracy can come up with? Really? Forget how Obama was the new craze, he actually still had to have the biggest funds to become the craze.

So here is your democratic thought of the day: the person with the biggest cashbox still laughs the loudest in the end. All the global Empires or kingdoms have fallen over the centuries and it's still all about the money. Hail to the democracy! :sure:

Edited by Monzanator

Trump honest? He presents himself as a great businessman and a great politician when in fact he is a very shitty businessman and an even worse politician who happened to have the right dad and so yes, was a member of the lucky sperm club.