website statistics

[OFF TOPIC] Politics Thread

Wanderer

Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu has been indicted for bribery and fraud among other charges. Israel is heading towards chaos.

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

On 21/11/2019 at 00:54, Olympian1010 said:

My political science professor is an international conspiracy theorist. Thinks Iran will start WW3 soon, Hayes Argentina (seems to think it’s poorer than Mexico and as poor as Guatemala), thinks America is the greatest country in the world, China is responsible for all bad things that happen to the US, etc.

while some of Iranian leaders want and need a war ( a limited war of course) but Iran is not going to start it. people who say those kind of things don't know shit about Iran. it seems Trump isn't the only stupid person in the US.

49 minutes ago, MHSN said:

while some of Iranian leaders want and need a war ( a limited war of course) but Iran is not going to start it. people who say those kind of things don't know shit about Iran. it seems Trump isn't the only stupid person in the US.

I’d say the US to a home to 60% of the worlds dumb people. I’m often not impressed by my fellow countrymen ?

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

Look, I wouldn’t vote Labour in UK general election if I were British, but this advert does make a fantastic point about the politics of conservatives (in the UK, Europe, and US):

This isn’t really political, but it doesn’t fit in any other thread either. 

Which country does the most for the world (TED Talk from 2014):

In 2019, Finland is currently the “leader”

The tweet doesn’t really matter, it’s the video I wanted to share. This is something I see in the West often. Someone of the Jewish or Islamic faiths will come under attack, and often someone of the opposition faith will come to their aid. It really shows that the Middle East is really gong through a political conflict, and that the only reason religious divides exist is because religious leaders prey on the fears of the poor. I really love videos like this one because it shows that love transcends hate.

Yeah those are hopeful videos, somewhat (you know, it'd be more hopeful if situations like this didn't exist in the first place). Sadly most of the times one sees a 'confrontation' video like this here, it's sort of the opposite. Well, partially, the one thing that is the same is the 'aggressive' person is generally hateful towards Jews as well*, like this guy.

*but also towards Christians, or atheists

Edited by heywoodu

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

1 minute ago, bestmen said:

but sometimes when you try to protect someone you will get a knife or a punch in your face :lol:

The news is absolutely filled with people getting stabbed because they looked at someone the wrong way, they said something (no matter what), they had expensive earphones and someone wanted them and whatnot. Plus for whatever reason, the past few months it's been a trend for certain groups of youths to gather in some city at night, wielding knives and machetes and going out to rob some clothes shop or something. I'm glad I don't live in a big city.

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!