website statistics

[OFF TOPIC] Politics Thread

Wanderer

40 minutes ago, Olympian1010 said:

We need a nationwide student strike. We should all refuse to go to our schools until Congress agrees to pass gun reform. Just yesterday my local state representative said that guns weren’t a problem to my face. He hated the fact that I hated guns, and now I hate the fact that he’s my representative. I will run a swear campaign that will drive him into the fucking dirt. I can’t believe that he thinks guns should have more rights than students. I rather live in fucking Bolivia because at least I could be safe at my school there :wall:

Considering the obviously hightened state of emotion you're in, I'll refrain from answering. Apart from, yeah, you'd rather live in Bolivia until you actually live in Bolivia.

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

3 minutes ago, heywoodu said:

Considering the obviously hightened state of emotion you're in, I'll refrain from answering. Apart from, yeah, you'd rather live in Bolivia until you actually live in Bolivia.

At least students aren’t shot at during school on a regular basis there. The part about my representative is 100% true by the way. He came into my Political Science class yesterday. I liked him as a person, but now I do not respect him as a leader.

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

Just now, Olympian1010 said:

At least students aren’t shot at during school on a regular basis there.

Also they have godknowshowmany less schools. Or fewer.

Seriously, I get you're way too emotional in a moment like this, but think again before saying you'd prefer living in a country with higher murder rates, less wealth and other such things.

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

3 minutes ago, heywoodu said:

Also they have godknowshowmany less schools. Or fewer.

Seriously, I get you're way too emotional in a moment like this, but think again before saying you'd prefer living in a country with higher murder rates, less wealth and other such things.

At least I know what I getting into then. 

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

Oh thank god! We’re all saved “President Trump is monitoring the situation in Santa Clarita” according to the White House.

1 hour ago, Olympian1010 said:

We need a nationwide student strike. We should all refuse to go to our schools until Congress agrees to pass gun reform. Just yesterday my local state representative said that guns weren’t a problem to my face. He hated the fact that I hated guns, and now I hate the fact that he’s my representative. I will run a swear campaign that will drive him into the fucking dirt. I can’t believe that he thinks guns should have more rights than students. I rather live in fucking Bolivia because at least I could be safe at my school there :wall:

Not gonna happen. Mass student strikes is so 1960s. The modern generation is too lazy to do anything like that. Any mass protests might happen if social media & smartphones disappeared. People have had it so easy over the last 30 years their biggest problem is promoting veganism. Luxury has become standard. And Trump is the easy punchbag. You throw a rant over him on social media twice a week and that's your job well done. This is the modern society AD 2019.

PS. I'm sure you wouldn't want to live in Bolivia no matter what. Stop fooling yourself and everyone. This sacrifice statement is just a bluff :lol:

Just now, Monzanator said:

Not gonna happen. Mass student strikes is so 1960s. The modern generation is too lazy to do anything like that. Any mass protests might happen if social media & smartphones disappeared. People have had it so easy over the last 30 years their biggest problem is promoting veganism. Luxury has become standard. And Trump is the easy punchbag. You throw a rant over him on social media twice a week and that's your job well done. This is the modern society AD 2019.

PS. I'm sure you wouldn't want to live in Bolivia no matter what. Stop fooling yourself and everyone. This sacrifice statement is just a bluff :lol:

Ok, boomer.

Just now, Monzanator said:

I could. We need to continue the momentum of March For Lives. Our generation is so mis-characterized. Do you realize the difference of what we have to deal with compared to what our parents have to deal with. Luxury is the standard for people older than 30 who took all the opportunity and left nothing for us. In fact, they fucked the planet over too, so now we will have nothing left. We use social media because it’s all we can afford to do. We plan rallies, the police the show up. We plan vigils, parents tell us no. We contact our congressional reps and they laugh in our faces. This is modern society 1 AD.

The only thing that would help would be another mass shooting - not in a school, but in a Congress or White House. But they ensured themselves a safety years ago with a CIA, FBI, NSA or whatever three-letters are they called in this abnormal country, giving no shit about their citizens. God Bless American Politicians!

6 minutes ago, Vojthas said:

The only thing that would help would be another mass shooting - not in a school, but in a Congress or White House. But they ensured themselves a safety years ago with a CIA, FBI, NSA or whatever three-letters are they called in this abnormal country, giving no shit about their citizens. God Bless American Politicians!

The pitfalls of capitalism (and communism for that matter). I don’t advocate for more shootings, because that is wrong, but I do immediately politicize the ones we have.