website statistics

[OFF TOPIC] Politics Thread

Wanderer

9 minutes ago, AlFHg said:

Well, left as far as you can imagine left in USA 

Yep, pretty much. Though both the left and right are becoming more and more polarized. Left is getting lefter and Right is getting righter.

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

58 minutes ago, Olympian1010 said:

Kamala is trying her hardest to loose this election :facepalm:

I think longer school days are not that unnecessary.

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

1 hour ago, Olympian1010 said:

Kamala is trying her hardest to loose this election :facepalm:

I'm not surprised. She has no children of her own so has no idea how it's like to raise them while being a working parent.

Besides probably every single politician sends their kids to private schools anyway? How do they know anything about public schools in first place? :p

1 hour ago, heywoodu said:

I think longer school days are not that unnecessary.

It goes against my plan for revamping the American education system, so I wouldn’t vote for it. I going to explain my disagreement with her policy, but I don’t time for a masters thesis :p. Kamala is loosing the young worse than I’ve seen anyone loose it before. It’s not just because of this issue, but this like lightning the gasoline she already poured. She’s need to do the Democrats a favor and drop out.

She was originally my choice, but she continues to prove herself the worst candidate in the race. For me it’s down to Warren or Buttigieg (but probably Biden because that’s who they’ll run against Trump) 

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

1 hour ago, Monzanator said:

I'm not surprised. She has no children of her own so has no idea how it's like to raise them while being a working parent.

Besides probably every single politician sends their kids to private schools anyway? How do they know anything about public schools in first place? :p

I thought she had children. Learn something new everyday I guess.

*slumps down in chair and says quietly* I went to private school my entire life until university this year. It’s nearly impossible to have any major society without attending private school, which is obviously one of the biggest issues with the American education system. We actually have a satirically name for public schools “the school to prison drainpipe”. It’s not completely true, but Baby Boomers and Gen X created the issue. They thought everyone should just settle for the standards of their time. Then, when they tried to create change. They changed a system that was completely foreign to them, and only made the education system in America worse. 

Tbh the majority of issues in America right now come down to two generations, Boomers and Millennials. 

2 hours ago, Olympian1010 said:

I thought she had children. Learn something new everyday I guess.

*slumps down in chair and says quietly* I went to private school my entire life until university this year. It’s nearly impossible to have any major society without attending private school, which is obviously one of the biggest issues with the American education system. We actually have a satirically name for public schools “the school to prison drainpipe”. It’s not completely true, but Baby Boomers and Gen X created the issue. They thought everyone should just settle for the standards of their time. Then, when they tried to create change. They changed a system that was completely foreign to them, and only made the education system in America worse. 

Tbh the majority of issues in America right now come down to two generations, Boomers and Millennials. 

Her husband has two adult children from previous marriage. She has none.

Her parents were working at Berkeley & Stanford. If she wants to sell an image of coming from the folk then it's a disaster. She's pretty much upper class herself. Hell, even Beto O'Rourke who I thought was selling the image of 'boy from the hood' attenteded all-male private high school and then Ivy League. How in the world you expect to win blue collar votes when you've been part of the privileged side of the society? Yeah, Trump is from the lucky sperm club but at least he doesn't pretend to be anybody else.

Intense debate in my house right now about Kamala’s plan. Both my parents are teachers, one is for, one is against. I’m against, and my younger sister is in the middle. This is the biggest problem with the education debate. Too many opinions, and no good solutions. Educators are so divided on how education should work, that we can’t even get a plan with more than 40% support. Students and teachers also want two different things, which more complicates the situation. The college debate just compounds the issue.

8 hours ago, Olympian1010 said:

It goes against my plan for revamping the American education system, so I wouldn’t vote for it. I going to explain my disagreement with her policy, but I don’t time for a masters thesis :p. Kamala is loosing the young worse than I’ve seen anyone loose it before. It’s not just because of this issue, but this like lightning the gasoline she already poured. She’s need to do the Democrats a favor and drop out.

She was originally my choice, but she continues to prove herself the worst candidate in the race. For me it’s down to Warren or Buttigieg (but probably Biden because that’s who they’ll run against Trump) 

Now you're just doing it on purpose, because if not, I'm also in favour of 7 schooldays a week.

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!