website statistics

[OFF TOPIC] Politics Thread

Wanderer

Interesting little article about California here: https://apple.news/A6vSFmwe4ScuwlTa_mrwItQ

I agree with my younger liberal counterparts. Though the states I want to move to are just as increasingly progressive and have similar issues, so I’d only move somewhere because I love the area (and so I could ski :d).

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

So “Civil War” has been trending on Twitter all night....

That might be all that’s needed for impeachment now. Holy shit.

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

This election/impeachment is going to be a fucking shitshow. It’s all in the air right now. No democrat has managed to unite the party. Impeachment is a mess. How did the one sane party fuck up this bad? 

Sanders people won’t vote for Biden, Biden people won’t vote for Sanders and probably Warren. Warren people will vote for either probably, but that still leaves a third of the party in limbo!

Impeachment needs to either happen or not. We can’t miss this opportunity. Either we take it or the country is on its way to complete disaster if Trump gets a 2nd term.

2 hours ago, Olympian1010 said:

So “Civil War” has been trending on Twitter all night....

That might be all that’s needed for impeachment now. Holy shit.

I see the church is choosing the wrong side, the irrational one, but no surprise about that, as usual...

Kornel Morawiecki, senior marshal, father of Prime Minister Mateusz Morawiecki is dead - informed the Chancellery of the Prime Minister. Kornel Morawiecki has been struggling with pancreatic cancer for months.He was 78 years old.

3 hours ago, Olympian1010 said:

This election/impeachment is going to be a fucking shitshow. It’s all in the air right now. No democrat has managed to unite the party. Impeachment is a mess. How did the one sane party fuck up this bad? 

Sanders people won’t vote for Biden, Biden people won’t vote for Sanders and probably Warren. Warren people will vote for either probably, but that still leaves a third of the party in limbo!

Impeachment needs to either happen or not. We can’t miss this opportunity. Either we take it or the country is on its way to complete disaster if Trump gets a 2nd term.

Everyone knows Trump and his clown show so he can't be his own worst enemy anymore. And if Dems can't count on Trump beating himself they need a strong leadership. They don't have this. Nancy Pelosi is probably the most senior politician I know and she's way past-prime. You can't move forward with her even moonlighting as the leader. Biden is the rich old white guy which doesn't suit the progressive ways at all but the back-up is old-as-the-hills Sanders. The Dems enjoyed a massive boost with the Obama craze and can't follow that winning formula up. You want to win the political war with Biden & Sanders as Obama's replacement? That's hilarious. Trump will be elected again because Dems are both divided & leader-less at the moment. Their party in-fighting is what helps Trump the most. GOP is smart enough that while they didn't give him full support back in 2016 at least they're not stupid to ignore the polls. Vox populi vox Dei even if blue-collars from Rust Belt voted for a millionaire businessman. Dems are wasting time & energy if they think the impeachment deal works for them. It won't.

Russian special forces "Spetznaz" have allegedly been discovered in Svalbard and continental Norway. They apparently arrived on fishing boats some days ago and were  trying to infiltrate the area, posing as civilians, but the U.S military has blown their cover. On the coast of the country, the U.S soldiers claim to also saw a P650- Midget submarine.

So far, the Russian Embassy in Oslo denies sending any soldiers to Norway. The Norwegian government hasn't yet released a statement.

https://www.aldrimer.no/russiske-spesialstyrker-pa-norsk-jord/

My favourite Volleyball position: LIBERO. You ask why? Look here. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZyIOarNAONk